Driving through Utah

inlandpatch

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I will be driving though Utah on a family gathering in late June and I am starting to map out and decide what trunking systems and conventional channels to start to program. It looks like all police/fire communications are on the Utah Communications Authority Motorola SmartZone Trunking system with some conventional channels by county.

Do you have any suggestions on how to program my scanner as I am driving on the 15 to Idaho from SoCal. I see they are starting to build the P25 Phase II system as well, is it worth programing yet? is anyone starting to use the system?

I am planning to use my SDS100 with GPS so it automatically unlocks and locks cells. Although I know this scanner can download all the information needed without programming it by hand, but I'm old school and like to monitor it a certain way.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Maybe by just it could be up on phase 2, the UCA Motorola will still be operational, some parts of the state also run vhf still

Premium Subscriber
If you're using the GPS, just use it as it is designed, and you'll be just fine.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
The way the scanner works with a GPS is really cool! Just set a range, the services you want to monitor and take off! First time mine went seamlessly between towns as I drove the interstate was fascinating. It never missed a thing, unless I did something wrong.