DSD+ 2.256 and line in/audio jack from discriminator issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Hello,

Let me preface this by saying that I have looked through all the notes but I can't quite find or figure out why the "input" menu has my audio jack/mic options grayed out. I have used DSD+ for years now but since I updated to 2.256 (my first update in 9 months), I can no longer use my discriminator audio input from my PSR500. Anyone with a fix?

nosig55

It didn't get disabled maybe ? Check device properties in sound settings. Also in the control menu on DSD, use passive digital monitor.

slicerwizard

Let me preface this by saying that I have looked through all the notes but I can't quite find or figure out why the "input" menu has my audio jack/mic options grayed out.
These notes?

Using DSD+ with external signal sources

DSD+ can be used with external signal sources such as a properly discriminator-tapped receiver
or SDR software such as SDR#. To use DSD+ with these sources, use the menus in DSD+ to
select Passive Digital Monitor mode and then to select the audio input device that carries
the digital audio signal. When running in this mode, DSD+ can be used to monitor conventional
analog and supported digital signals; DSD+ will not directly support trunk tracking.

a417

U+0000

It's not greyed out, it's not even there on mine. I recall on a prior version it was permanently greyed out, can't say exactly which as I use FMPx. (y)

a417

U+0000
Good to know, @rattlerbb01. Does it bring the menu options back or "just work"? I flipped it a couple of times and don't see the menu options.

a417

U+0000
None. Doesn't affect me as I don't use it that way, but I do have 2 valid line ins and mic on this workstation. If i really needed to use it that way i'd be more concerned on me not having DSD recognize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.