DSD FME

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Okay, I've just pushed the fix for rest channel to 'main' and 'lite' branches, you'll need to do a rebuild.sh to get it up to date. If you can test it out for me, make sure its still tuning properly and reporting accurate rest channels in slow link control, and also in voice link control as well (VLC). I also pushed a fix for rtl input, if using it to trunk, it would open a new UDP socket on each tune request, and I forgot to close them afterwards, so it would stop tuning when maxing out. Just caught it, didn't have a busy system to test out on until the other day.

Also, specifically for Windows, I've released RC2a build with the aformentioned fixes, and also switched up the bat files now, the user will open the pulse audio back end seperately in one bat file, and can now run multiple instances of dsd-fme with pulse audio support, there is also a bat to close pulse audio when the user closes down everything. If the bat file to close pulse audio back end isn't run, it'll just time out in 10 minutes time and close itself.

Anybody who got RC2 will want RC2a if they want to try out RTL input with tuning/trunking features, or do Capacity Plus to fix the Rest Channel bug.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Just a heads up to anybody who uses the windows RC releases with the ncurses terminal, you may want to disable all the edit mode options in the command prompt. You can right click on the command prompt window title bar and select defaults, then you will want to uncheck all the boxes in Edit Options.

I've found that with these enabled, left clicking randomly inside the ncurses terminal will cause text to be highlighted, and this stops FME from working until you exit by right clicking. Conversely, if you right click more than once, or right click in the command prompt will ncurses terminal is running, it sends random keyboard shortcut keys to FME, changing its setting and most likely killing your session until restarted. By disabling all the default edit options, i've found this behavior stops happening, and things just work properly without the fear of accidentally clicking something in the prompt and making you start it again.

Screenshot_89.png

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
If you can test it out for me, make sure its still tuning properly and reporting accurate rest channels in slow link control, and also in voice link control as well (VLC).

Got a chance to test it on a couple of busy systems, and I never saw an error at all. Thanks again for providing an awesome world-class program. There are a lot of really good SDR programs out there, and yours has quickly risen to the top.

mrscanner2008

I am currently testing DSD-FME-LITE V2.0.0-8 Win32 Precompiled RC2a and I have a lot of weird characters when I go to the menu (picture included)

Attachments

• DSD-FME error.png
    DSD-FME error.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 70

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I am currently testing DSD-FME-LITE V2.0.0-8 Win32 Precompiled RC2a and I have a lot of weird characters when I go to the menu (picture included)

Is that Windows 7 or 8? I've observed the same behavior in Windows 7, have no idea how to fix it directly, other than using something other than command prompt, but it will go away if you resize the window a bit it'll go away. I'm assuming its because it can't find certain ANSII characters to display for the rectangular boxes. No idea, to be honest.

mrscanner2008

Is that Windows 7 or 8? I've observed the same behavior in Windows 7, have no idea how to fix it directly, other than using something other than command prompt, but it will go away if you resize the window a bit it'll go away. I'm assuming its because it can't find certain ANSII characters to display for the rectangular boxes. No idea, to be honest.
Windows 10. I'm also using 2> log.ans but no success.

Also do you have example for NXDN48 channel map ?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Windows 10. I'm also using 2> log.ans but no success.

Not quite sure what's going on then, can you copy and paste the full command you are starting up with here, just to make sure everything is in the right place.

Also do you have example for NXDN48 channel map ?

I do not have one in the examples, but it should follow the same logic as the dmr t3 or connect plus channel map. I'm assuming you have channels over 800? Shouldn't need a channel map for channels listed below that, BUT I'll warn you now, you'll probably be the first person to ever test the NXDN trunking, so I have no idea how it will go. Could be fine, could tune and get stuck on the last channel it tuned to, could get lost, I have no idea what'll happen. Also, if you do have channels below 800, I can't verify those will tune correctly with the calculator I put in there for them, so would be a good idea to have a channel map even if the channel listings are below 800.

mrscanner2008

I do not have one in the examples, but it should follow the same logic as the dmr t3 or connect plus channel map. I'm assuming you have channels over 800? Shouldn't need a channel map for channels listed below that, BUT I'll warn you now, you'll probably be the first person to ever test the NXDN trunking, so I have no idea how it will go. Could be fine, could tune and get stuck on the last channel it tuned to, could get lost, I have no idea what'll happen. Also, if you do have channels below 800, I can't verify those will tune correctly with the calculator I put in there for them, so would be a good idea to have a channel map even if the channel listings are below 800.
[/QUOTE]
The NXDN48 channel is under 800 but I'm having a problem like you said: SDR# and DSD-FME didn't have the same frequency.

Attachments

• DSD-FME freq error.png
    DSD-FME freq error.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 35

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
The NXDN48 channel is under 800 but I'm having a problem like you said: SDR# and DSD-FME didn't have the same frequency.

Well, I'll have to go back to the drawing board on that one, lemme look at the source code on that for a second, and see where all we are setting that frequency from. I thought that frequency value came from the RIGCTL coming out of the gpredict or rigctl module, but I just glanced and remembered we can also set it from calculation if there is a 'Control Channel Information' PDU, so let me know if it works okay with a channel map. Perhaps you could also send me a copy of your log.ans file for analysis.

mrscanner2008

Well, I'll have to go back to the drawing board on that one, lemme look at the source code on that for a second, and see where all we are setting that frequency from. I thought that frequency value came from the RIGCTL coming out of the gpredict or rigctl module, but I just glanced and remembered we can also set it from calculation if there is a 'Control Channel Information' PDU, so let me know if it works okay with a channel map. Perhaps you could also send me a copy of your log.ans file for analysis.
For you info 1 freq Nxdn48 works great. I'm not at my computer right now but tomorow I will send you log.ans. And if you need raw audio samples let me know.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
For you info 1 freq Nxdn48 works great. I'm not at my computer right now but tomorow I will send you log.ans. And if you need raw audio samples let me know.

Alright, no rush, but yeah, raw audio samples would be nice as well, preferable of the control channel with the voice grants/vcall_assgn pdu and cch info pdus so I can work on that and see what's going on. Also, send me a link to the system in particular so I can know what the correct frequencies are supposed to be.

ArloG

Nice advances. Trying the precompiled latest Windows version out.
If you remember I had trouble getting the full version to work on Win 10.
I was searching for the guide to give it a go again. I was hoping to get the link for another try.
For me I'll be using an Icom IC-R8600 with I/Q through an SDR application. Basically piped with VB Cable and in DSD+ terms the input would be Passive Digital Monitor. Help?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
This link to the current Windows binary is here.

For me I'll be using an Icom IC-R8600 with I/Q through an SDR application. Basically piped with VB Cable and in DSD+ terms the input would be Passive Digital Monitor. Help?

Depends on what all you want to do with it. The easier thing might be to just start it up and route the audio into it with the VB cable like how you have DSD+ listening to it.

Does the SDR Application handle tuning your Icom? if so, which SDR Application and/or plugin is it? Is it compatible with Rigctl?

mrscanner2008

the NXDN48 system I'm following OnQ Network Site: Mt-Carmel the RR DB missing channels 271 and 302.
Raw audio will follow.

Attachments

• log2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • onque mt carmel.png
    onque mt carmel.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 27

mrscanner2008

Alright, no rush, but yeah, raw audio samples would be nice as well, preferable of the control channel with the voice grants/vcall_assgn pdu and cch info pdus so I can work on that and see what's going on. Also, send me a link to the system in particular so I can know what the correct frequencies are supposed to be.
hope this audio sample has all you need ! if not just let me know and I will make another one.

NXDN48

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
the NXDN48 system I'm following OnQ Network Site: Mt-Carmel the RR DB missing channels 271 and 302.

Okay, I'm going to get to work on it here in a bit, just waiting for the download to finish (getting a whopping 100kb/s on that one lol) anyways, does DSD+ calculate the frequencies correctly, or do you have to manually enter them there as well?

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
Okay, I'm going to get to work on it here in a bit, just waiting for the download to finish (getting a whopping 100kb/s on that one lol) anyways, does DSD+ calculate the frequencies correctly, or do you have to manually enter them there as well?
You have to do it manually. It doesn't import any frequencies that it sees, nor does it auto-magically find the LSNs/LCNs

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Okay, so after looking at everything, pretty sure this will still work without any changes, just need to import a proper nxdn channel map for that system. I made one based off of the image with the frequencies in it. Also, noticed in a previous image in SDR# you didn't have the TCP plugin or the GPredict Plugin turned on with the enable checkbox. The log you sent me had connection errors, presumably because it wasn't listening for the connection in the SDR# plugins.

Code:
 'Lite' Edition v2.0.0-10-gb2ccd3a Windows 32-bit RC2a 
Setting symbol rate to 2400 / second
Decoding only NXDN 4800 baud frames.
Enabling NCurses Terminal.
TCP Direct Link: localhost:7355
ERROR opening socket
TCP Connection Failure - Using Pulse Audio Input.
ERROR opening socket
RIGCTL Connection Failure - RIGCTL Features Disabled
OSS Input /dev/dsp.
OSS Output /dev/dsp.
Audio In/Out Device: /dev/dsp

Anyways, I'm gonna recommend two command for you to run, one with TCP link audio, and one with the VBCable audio input, just in case the TCP link audio connection flakes out (been investigating an issue on some Windows machines with TCP link audio and/or NCurses randomly freezing when used together)

First, just copy the nxdn_chan_map.csv file into the dsd-fme/examples folder, and then in your bat file, @rem out the current line you are using and try one of these two commands instead. Make sure the port number after -U matches what is inside the gpredict plugin, if memory serves (it often doesn't in Windows things) I think its 20022 in that one.

With TCP Link Audio and RIGCTL (GPredict Plugin)
dsd-fme-lite.exe -fi -i tcp -U 20022 -C examples\nxdn_chan_map.csv -T -N 2> nxdn_ran_26.ans

VBCable and RIGCTL
dsd-fme-lite.exe -fi -U 20022 -C examples\nxdn_chan_map.csv -T -N 2> nxdn_ran_26.ans

Otherwise, there are still some tweaks I see I can make on NXDN trunking, primarily, I don't poll for a CC frequency until a vcall_assgn comes in, and probably some other odds and ends, other than that, hopefully it'll tune just fine, I just hope the VC channels have fast tear down time, because I didn't put any thing in there to make it go back to the control channel until the sync is lost (RF channel teardown occurs)

Attachments

• nxdn_chan_map.zip
    298 bytes · Views: 15