DSD FME

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Estoy tratando de comprender y aprender a extraer la clave de una transmisión NXDN de 15 bits, alguno de vosotros podría ayudarme, el motivo es puramente de aprendizaje para mis estudios, estoy comenzando la carrera y estoy perdido en esto, gracias por vuestra ayuda.

Translation: "How do I figure out an NXDN Scrambler Key?"

I've stated this before on Github in the issues, and I'll state it here for clarity. I will not assist or describe any method to use in order to brute force or reverse any sort of key. The use of privacy keys in FME is meant solely for people who have legitimate access to a system or is from their own personal equipment. If you don't know the key, then don't ask me how to figure it out. I know that sounds harsh, but I'm trying to stay out of trouble here.

Traducción: "No"

I've been trying to be nice about it, but I have to keep repeating myself. Anybody asking me how to figure out a key you don't know will all be summarily ignored from now on. Repeat offenders will be blocked. I can't keep people from asking or answering, but just don't ask me or expect me to answer those questions. Sorry.

hamradionl

The whole world gone ... complete bizarre.... keep calm for hobby projects
Quest
Short Message Service over DMR, possible with Fme?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Short Message Service over DMR, possible with Fme?
Eh, not exactly right now. The best I had for that on the stable branch was for it to dump the hex of the payload as ascii and sometimes you could see various short text messages, but there is no internal logic to assemble all of that properly. In the future, I'll try to add more of that kind of stuff (TMS, TMP, ARS, etc)

hamradionl

Hola amigos.

If i remember correct, AOR model DV1 and 5700D some early FW versions have a "secret menu" that show the 15 Bit scrambling code on display.
(scrambling is differ as digital encryption)
google search AOR AR-DV1 Manual Addendum Instructions - Manuals+
For questions please visit my good friend, he explaining all about on youtube, French language for Spanish speaking, seem not that difficult to understand. French/Spanisch/Italian sharing the same programming source language "mother" code :)
Louis-Erig HERVE - YouTube

Last edited:

hamradionl

Eh, not exactly right now. The best I had for that on the stable branch was for it to dump the hex of the payload as ascii and sometimes you could see various short text messages, but there is no internal logic to assemble all of that properly. In the future, I'll try to add more of that kind of stuff (TMS, TMP, ARS, etc)
Okee nice to hear this software still evaluating, the network use Pre-programmed short messages like: Door 1 Open, Door 1 Closed, start service, end service etc These preprogrammed under differ buttons on the path of HH radio or hand mic.

hamradionl

In recent future?

613scanner

oh wow , easy dmr trunk tracking in linux !

I will try out CAP+ trunking sometime this week and let you know how well it works compared to dsd+

Last edited:

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I will try out CAP+ trunking sometime this week and let you know how well it works compared to dsd+

Sounds like a plan, don't be surprised if it occassionally loses the rest channel and has to cycle through the frequencies to find it again. I haven't found a good way to remedy that just yet, the last reported rest channel seems to randomly stop transmitting without an active channel update, leaving it to hang and start cycling through frequencies looking for a sync pattern again.

613scanner

Sounds like a plan, don't be surprised if it occassionally loses the rest channel and has to cycle through the frequencies to find it again. I haven't found a good way to remedy that just yet, the last reported rest channel seems to randomly stop transmitting without an active channel update, leaving it to hang and start cycling through frequencies looking for a sync pattern again.
This happens all the time with dsd+ as well. The system that I monitor often just has 4channels / 2 freq and it is not a huge deal for my use case.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Anyone's running DSD-FME on Macos and has a tutorial how get it installed?

Can't honestly say I've heard of anybody who has successfully built it on Mac just yet. Not honestly sure if it is possible or not with the pulse audio implementation. This is the only feedback I've had so far regarding it, they were able to get some of the dependencies met, but not sure if they ever go the rest of it. Here is the issue and the progress on that.

As far as a tutorial, I'm can't really help you there since I don't have a MAC to test this sort of thing on.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Just a quick update.

I've pushed all the updates (Trunking, TCP Link Audio, RIGCTL, working wav file input) in the dev branch to 'main' now, so going forward, the primary branch will be 'main'. The pulseaudio branch and dev branch have been deleted in order to simplify things (might as well get all the broken links and the pain and misery out of the way now). So, any previous links to older branches will 404, so make sure to head to the main branch for updates from now on. Those who still want the older versions, those have been saved under the release link, so you can get the source code from the last pulseaudio branch there as well as the usual, albeit outdated, windows precompiled 'lite' versions.

Anybody wishing to install it should review the install notes prior to install. The procedure is mostly all the same as before, just pointing to the new main branch. A clean clone in a new folder is going to be required for pretty much everybody running off of dev or pulseaudio branches in order to update.

Also, some usage syntax has changed, so review the example usage for any changes and additions, as well as information for trunking various systems.

Just remember, this release is for Linux users. It will work in both Linux Desktop Environments, and also in Linux Headless Environments, but only for people who have an actual head on their shoulders. Any other sort of build isn't officially supported by me, but others have done so in Cygwin, Docker, and WSL, so you can consort the wiki page for information written up by another user, but keep in mind you may need to change any references to the pulseaudio branch clone/pull to main instead.

613scanner

I have been enjoying testing this out over the past few days for single freq monitoring . SDRpp has been giving me issues on mint so I have not been able to test out the DMR trunking yet (I should just try using the udp streaming from gqrx?).

Has anyone else had issues with the curses menu not responding? I just did a new mint install and I am woundering if this is issue with my setup or a known bug . Right now the menu will pop up about 60% of the time.