DSDPlus DSDPlus 2.444 available

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am using FMP24 and did downloaded the latest base files
Are we still talking about your issue where you are using two dongles to monitor an NXDN system but the voice traffic is not being sent to the VC copy of DSDPlus?

Code:
from your previous post:

start DSDPlus -rv -i20006 -O NUL -fn -E -v4 -_3
start FMP24 -i2 -rv -o20006 -a1 -e0 -b4 -g28 -z0 -P41.7 -_1
timeout /t 1
start FMP24 -i1 -o20005 -a1 -e0 -b4 -g19.7 -z0 -P45 -_1
start DSDPlus -rc -i20005 -O NUL -fn -E -v4 -_3

• Is -_# even an option in DSDPlus?
  • As a test, in CC/VC DSDPlus go into the menu, DECODER, select "Decode All Above Protocols"
  • On the CC DSDPlus, go into the menu, OUTPUT -- is "No digital voice synthesis" selected?
  • On the VC DSDPlus, go into the menu, OUTPUT -- is "Synthesize all digital voice" selected?
  • Also check CC/VC DSDPlus, go into the menu, CALL PRIORITIES -- and make sure Group/Private/Data are "Normal Handling"
  • Also make sure the talkgroups being received aren't locked out

Mike

Last edited:

LimaZulu

Are we still talking about your issue where you are using two dongles to monitor an NXDN system but the voice traffic is not being sent to the VC copy of DSDPlus?
Yes, that is the exact problem I have.

Code:
from your previous post:

start DSDPlus -rv -i20006 -O NUL -fn -E -v4 -_3
start FMP24 -i2 -rv -o20006 -a1 -e0 -b4 -g28 -z0 -P41.7 -_1
timeout /t 1
start FMP24 -i1 -o20005 -a1 -e0 -b4 -g19.7 -z0 -P45 -_1
start DSDPlus -rc -i20005 -O NUL -fn -E -v4 -_3
That startup sequence was modified to exclude some depricated switches
here is the last one I tested with no success:

start DSDPlus -rv -i20006 -O NUL -fn -E
start FMP24 -i2 -rv -o20006 -e0 -b4 -g28 -z0 -P41.7
timeout /t 1
start FMP24 -i1 -o20005 -e0 -b4 -g19.7 -z0 -P45
start DSDPlus -rc -i20005 -O NUL -fn -E

I also tried with the bare minimum of switches to start trunk tracking - also no go.
  • As a test, in CC/VC DSDPlus go into the menu, DECODER, select "Decode All Above Protocols"
  • On the CC DSDPlus, go into the menu, OUTPUT -- is "No digital voice synthesis" selected?
  • On the VC DSDPlus, go into the menu, OUTPUT -- is "Synthesize all digital voice" selected?
  • Also check CC/VC DSDPlus, go into the menu, CALL PRIORITIES -- and make sure Group/Private/Data are "Normal Handling"
  • Also make sure the talkgroups being received aren't locked out

Mike
Did all those, unfortunately nothing changed

As for the locked out TGs, no they are not but if they were, If I remember correctly, channel activity window shows L/O on those and I see nothing like that.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, that is the exact problem I have.

That startup sequence was modified to exclude some depricated switches
here is the last one I tested with no success:

start DSDPlus -rv -i20006 -O NUL -fn -E
start FMP24 -i2 -rv -o20006 -e0 -b4 -g28 -z0 -P41.7
timeout /t 1
start FMP24 -i1 -o20005 -e0 -b4 -g19.7 -z0 -P45
start DSDPlus -rc -i20005 -O NUL -fn -E

I also tried with the bare minimum of switches to start trunk tracking - also no go.

Did all those, unfortunately nothing changed

As for the locked out TGs, no they are not but if they were, If I remember correctly, channel activity window shows L/O on those and I see nothing like that.

I'm at a loss. I don't use dongles. But some people in this thread use two dongles and none of them have reported issues. I tested with two Airspy minis and a dual configuration and am having no problems either. I'm not sure where to go from here.

I remember I suggested to you before that (as a test) you not use your custom startup stuff and simply run (as distributed by the author):

FMP24-CC.bat
CC.bat
FMP24-VC.bat
VC.bat

And that really should have you and working without any issue. If it isn't, then maybe AV software or Firewall issues are not permitting the two copies to talk to each other. If you have any AV installed, you might want to consider exempting your DSDPlus folder and everything in it.

I wish I had more suggestions, but nothing is coming to mind.

Anyone else have any ideas for LimaZulu?

M

LimaZulu

I'm at a loss. I don't use dongles. But some people in this thread use two dongles and none of them have reported issues. I tested with two Airspy minis and a dual configuration and am having no problems either. I'm not sure where to go from here.

I remember I suggested to you before that (as a test) you not use your custom startup stuff and simply run (as distributed by the author):

FMP24-CC.bat
CC.bat
FMP24-VC.bat
VC.bat

And that really should have you and working without any issue. If it isn't, then maybe AV software or Firewall issues are not permitting the two copies to talk to each other. If you have any AV installed, you might want to consider exempting your DSDPlus folder and everything in it.

I wish I had more suggestions, but nothing is coming to mind.

Anyone else have any ideas for LimaZulu?

M

I did the test with the included bat files without any additional switches included with no success.
Is FMP direct link turning to localhost? If that's the case then yes, maybe FW could be an issue. However when you first start FMP it asks you about network permissions which I granted.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I did the test with the included bat files without any additional switches included with no success.
Is FMP direct link turning to localhost? If that's the case then yes, maybe FW could be an issue. However when you first start FMP it asks you about network permissions which I granted.

If you have granted network permissions, that is all that should be needed. But if your FMP24/DSDPlus instances are Direct Linked, then there would be no network requirement for those. I don't think there is a network requirement for the two copies of DSDPlus to talk to each other. Heck, I'm not even sure if they actually talk to each other. When in two-dongle mode, maybe files are written to the filesystem by one copy and read by the other copy to direct activity. Sounds like you are doing everything right.

Do you have any other systems (like DMR or P25) around you that you could test on, just to see if any of those work in a two-dongle setup?

LimaZulu

Not a trunked one. Only conventional. Well, actually I do have DMR one with almost no activity so it may take a lot of time to use it as a reference point.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Not a trunked one. Only conventional. Well, actually I do have DMR one with almost no activity so it may take a lot of time to use it as a reference point.
Ok, probably not worth your effort. Most DMR trunked around me has very little activity -- no fun even attempting to monitor them.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Running your BAT file the second instance of FMP24 is not running, it is blank. and the DSD is searching for it. I only run FMP24 not the VC and CC versions so I am not familiar with them, but something in the script is preventing FMP to run.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Do those occur frequently enough that you could reliably capture raw audio and send it to the author? In many cases these Unhandled PDU cases can be resolved / figured out. But the author would need to be able to reproduce it. Yes, I had some on AEP Harris P25 a while back, at which time I did send them to the author.
I haven't done raw audio yet. I'm sitting on the harris p25p2 duke power I've only seen that error on that system. I just switched to fmp24 to see how that one runs.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Running your BAT file the second instance of FMP24 is not running, it is blank. and the DSD is searching for it. I only run FMP24 not the VC and CC versions so I am not familiar with them, but something in the script is preventing FMP to run.

That's because in his BAT files the two FMP24 lines reference two specific dongle serial numbers (1 and 2). If you don't have two dongles in your system, or they aren't using the same serial numbers, FMP24 will not find them and will not start up. So I think what you experienced is simply because you don't have two dongles in your system or do not have them set with the same serial numbers if you do.

m

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
That's because in his BAT files the two FMP24 lines reference two specific dongle serial numbers (1 and 2). If you don't have two dongles in your system, or they aren't using the same serial numbers, FMP24 will not find them and will not start up. So I think what you experienced is simply because you don't have two dongles in your system or do not have them set with the same serial numbers if you do.

m

I have two dongles on my system, with different serial numbers.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I haven't done raw audio yet. I'm sitting on the harris p25p2 duke power I've only seen that error on that system. I just switched to fmp24 to see how that one runs.
Likely going to show the very same thing. If you want those Unhandled PDUs handled (either potentially decoded, if possible, or muted if not) then you'll need to capture some raw audio when they are being generated and then send that to the author.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have two dongles on my system, with different serial numbers.
I was wrong anyway. He wasn't specifying serial numbers.

But, if you had tested his custom batch files, substitute -i1 and -i2 in the two instances with -i0 for both. that will tell the first copy of FMP24 that you fire up to use the first avaiable dongle, and then it'll tell the second copy of FMP24 that you fire up to use the next available dongle.

If it fails to fire up then, I'd be curious to know what FMP24 says the reason is that it won't start. You may have to just open command prompts and fire them off from within the command prompt so that the window doesn't close on you upon failure.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Likely going to show the very same thing. If you want those Unhandled PDUs handled (either potentially decoded, if possible, or muted if not) then you'll need to capture some raw audio when they are being generated and then send that to the author.
I forgot to add this. I think I might be too far from the Fort Meade tower. I'm only 16 miles away from the tower. I know I can't pick up other 2 in polk cnty fl.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I was wrong anyway. He wasn't specifying serial numbers.

But, if you had tested his custom batch files, substitute -i1 and -i2 in the two instances with -i0 for both. that will tell the first copy of FMP24 that you fire up to use the first avaiable dongle, and then it'll tell the second copy of FMP24 that you fire up to use the next available dongle.

If it fails to fire up then, I'd be curious to know what FMP24 says the reason is that it won't start. You may have to just open command prompts and fire them off from within the command prompt so that the window doesn't close on you upon failure.
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture3.PNG

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Cool. So you got it working with dongles? Sweet. Let us know if you are able to properly sit on a CC with the CC copy of DSDPlus and see voice traffic diverted to the VC copy.

mike
Getting an error -5 and no frequencies are being loaded

Capture.PNG

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
DSDPlus is listening on linkID 20006, but I think you have the dongles fired up (perhaps using FMP24-CC and FMP24-VC) to use LinkIDs of 20001 and 20002

Notice that LZ's custom bat files all reference connections over 20005 and 20006, and not 20001 and 20002.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus is listening on linkID 20006, but I think you have the dongles fired up (perhaps using FMP24-CC and FMP24-VC) to use LinkIDs of 20001 and 20002

Notice that LZ's custom bat files all reference connections over 20005 and 20006, and not 20001 and 20002.

Yes I made the changes for 20002 and 20006 as I saw that I was getting that error (file extension changed to attach), also changed file names from those in his. What is the advantage of using two dongles vs 1?

Attachments

• TEST1R.bat.txt
    215 bytes · Views: 6

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes I made the changes for 20002 and 20006 as I saw that I was getting that error (file extension changed to attach), also changed file names from those in his. What is the advantage of using two dongles vs 1?

So it's all working now? Any luck actually trunking with it and having voice traffic/calls diverted to the second copy?

One advantage is that with a 2-dongle setup you can monitor the CC 24/7, whereas you can only monitor the CC in a single-dongle instance when a voice call is not occurring. If there are other advantages I forget them. Probably aren't any other advantages though.

Mike