DSDplus and scanning

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys i'm using dsdplus fastlane and i set my scanlist up but when i put p25 CC in it i notice my scanning will get interrupted by getting stuck on the p25 channel it only does this with a p25 freq if i leave out the p25 it scans just fine. is this how it's suppose to work or is their a fix i can do? Thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
If I understand your typing, you are putting a control channel for a P25 trunked system in a DSDPlus scan list and are wondering why it keeps stopping on that channel?
Do you know that a P25 TRS control channel is a 24/7 transmission?
You don't monitor a trunked system by using the scanlist feature.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
If I understand your typing, you are putting a control channel for a P25 trunked system in a DSDPlus scan list and are wondering why it keeps stopping on that channel?
Do you know that a P25 TRS control channel is a 24/7 transmission?
You don't monitor a trunked system by using the scanlist feature.
no i didn't know that i watched a video on youtube and the person was putting p25 channels in it so i didn't know . thanks for replying tho.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Yes this is expected operation for a control channel (be it P25, MotoTRBO/DMR or NEXEDGE/NXDN) since it transmits site data constantly

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Yes this is expected operation for a control channel (be it P25, MotoTRBO/DMR or NEXEDGE/NXDN) since it transmits site data constantly
154.8625 155.7000 155.8000 153.7125 154.3500 These freqs show up as NEXEDGE48 and sometimes i see NEXEDGE96 are these channels that are trunking meaning do i need to stay on one control channel like p25?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
154.8625 155.7000 155.8000 153.7125 154.3500 These freqs show up as NEXEDGE48 and sometimes i see NEXEDGE96 are these channels that are trunking meaning do i need to stay on one control channel like p25?
If they show up with a system/network and site ID, they are control channels. If they show up just as TB, then they are trunked voice channels. If they show up as CB they are conventional channels.

Whether they are NEXEDGE48 or NEXEDGE96 they can be conventional (CB) or Trunked (TB). And if you want to monitor a NEXEDGE system, most of them require that you actually program all of the frequencies / channel IDs into the .networks, .sites and .frequencies files. There are exceptions as some NEXEDGE systems are DFA (direct frequency access? don't remember what it stands for) and actually broadcast the channel information over the air, and I think for those systems you can just park on the control channel and monitor/trunktrack the system.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
If they show up with a system/network and site ID, they are control channels. If they show up just as TB, then they are trunked voice channels. If they show up as CB they are conventional channels.

Whether they are NEXEDGE48 or NEXEDGE96 they can be conventional (CB) or Trunked (TB). And if you want to monitor a NEXEDGE system, most of them require that you actually program all of the frequencies / channel IDs into the .networks, .sites and .frequencies files. There are exceptions as some NEXEDGE systems are DFA (direct frequency access? don't remember what it stands for) and actually broadcast the channel information over the air, and I think for those systems you can just park on the control channel and monitor/trunktrack the system.
alright i'm using dsdplus fastlane and i was wondering what the CB mean't so that helps alot thanks. it's hard to figure out what freqs is what tho is there a way i can let dsdplus just scanning so many freqs over night and see which one's actually have something on them?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
i'm using dsdplus fastlane

it's hard to figure out what freqs is what tho is there a way i can let dsdplus just scanning so many freqs over night and see which one's actually have something on them?

Try Deim's Universal Scanner Audio Player. Let your FMP24 scan all night and import the DSDPlus audio folder for the day in question into the program. Will show you the freq that the audio was captured on.

Download here

UniversalScannerAudioPlayer.zip

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

Page 1 of his project. Note, DSDPlus playback was added later.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
I
Hey guys i'm using dsdplus fastlane and i set my scanlist up but when i put p25 CC in it i notice my scanning will get interrupted by getting stuck on the p25 channel it only does this with a p25 freq if i leave out the p25 it scans just fine. is this how it's suppose to work or is their a fix i can do? Thanks
Use one dongle to scan and another for P25!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you stick a bunch of freqs in the scan list, and start scanning, and it locks on one, its a control channel. Focus on fmpx, hit escape one time. It stops it from scanning. Open your scanlist and delete the freq. Click file, then save and refocus on fmpx.Hit s to start scanning again.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Try Deim's Universal Scanner Audio Player. Let your FMP24 scan all night and import the DSDPlus audio folder for the day in question into the program. Will show you the freq that the audio was captured on.

Download here

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

Stupid question here but which one is the audio file in dsdplus? i just downloaded the program i'v let dsdplus run all night.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Stupid question here but which one is the audio file in dsdplus? i just downloaded the program i'v let dsdplus run all night.
ok i hit import and it shows dsdplus audo/SRT files and when i go to the dsdplus folder i only see .wav files and there is 3 of them and i tried importing one and all i see is this . it's not really telling me much. oh and i have found a few freqs in the 150mhz range that i am picking up some say NEXEDGE96 some say NEXEDGE48 and one is DMR BS and dPMR i am getting audio on some it's hard to root out the ones that don't have traffic because i never know which freq is doing what because sometimes u don't hear anything for a long time but when u do it's a ems channel and sitting up all night trying to figure it out is difficult . anyway's i hope that made sense lol sorry.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    99 KB · Views: 12

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

First go in your DSDPlus directory and look for these folders. In side should be more folders dated for each day. Find yesterdays and when in USAP (Universal Scanner Audio Player), import the folder dated yesterday.

1722367979096.png

Everything in the pic you posted says P25 on a 161 freq which is most likely Stars.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

Download here

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

First go in your DSDPlus directory and look for these folders. In side should be more folders dated for each day. Find yesterdays and when in USAP (Universal Scanner Audio Player), import the folder dated yesterday.

View attachment 166726

Everything in the pic you posted says P25 on a 161 freq which is most likely Stars.
ok i went into the folder and i'm attaching pics of what i see . when i go into any of the folders i get a error. i can open the first .wav files u see but i can't open the others which are .mp3 files

Attachments

• 1st.PNG
    1st.PNG
    98.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2nd.PNG
    2nd.PNG
    90.8 KB · Views: 6

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

What does DMR BS mean?