DSDPlus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well this just gets better and better. Listening to DMR, Slot 1 voice comes from the left PC speaker, and Slot 2 comes from the right...simultaneously when both slots are in use.

edit: Whoops, I noticed after posting this that Mike already mentioned the simultaneous decoding, but sent to separate speakers...just too cool.

This is simply fantastic. :)

It's great when listening to busy Connect Plus or Capacity Plus systems!

frazpo

DSD Plus?

on the subject of dmr. I've never decoded it before. I seem to be getting alot of data that is labeled "data". no voice so far. is this normal? seems to be way too much to actually be voice.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Perfectly normal, especially on systems that use GPS & messaging. I'd imagine tonight must be one of the worst nights to monitor... everything is usually pretty quiet (especially since TRBO gets more use in the commercial side of things). I'm sure there will be much more activity tomorrow.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Can someone please PM the download to me? The download link takes me to a page with a "Mega" logo--nothing else. Thanks...

The site uses adobe flash, or some kind of similar animation. The M-logo has a circular loading bar around it, which takes time to add up before the download button appears. If this isn't working for you, you might want to try a different browser or double check flash (or equivalent) browser plugins are installed properly. Hope that helps. :)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
NXDN4800 iDAS trunked voice is FINALLY decoding, and I'm finally able to listen in on a large multi-site northern California system. This is fantastic!

Does anyone know if a DMRDecode style program is in the works for NXDN trunking, or if the DSDplus author would consider adding talkgroup and radio ID decoding? I've looked at the NXDN documentation and would be happy to assist with development.

Boatanchor

DSD and DSDPlus both good, but sound quite different..

One thing I've noticed is that the recovered P25 Phase 1 audio sounds quite different between DSD and DSDPlus.

Try this yourself and toggle between the two decoders while listening to the same channel/traffic.
I haven't found a way to route SDR# audio to both decoders at the same time yet and even if I did, I would then have to find a way to separate the recovered audio into stereo (left and right channels) to be able to compare in real time.

IMHO DSD gives a nicer mellow sounding recovered audio with good/better bass response, whereas DSDPlus produces a somewhat more harsh sounding audio with what appears to be more emphasis on high frequency audio response and less bass response. I also think that DSDPlus seems to be emphasizing transmit background noise more too (bit of audio compression going on somewhere?) but I need to spend more time listening and comparing.

For info, In my setup, I get excellent decode with little if any error/breakup with both decoders (albeit with DSD running in -fg mode) and at this point in time I'm leaning more towards the DSD audio, as it just seems more realistic and easy to listen to.

Regardless, fantastic work whoever put the time and effort into DSDPlus..

Things are getting very exciting in the SDR/Digital radio world :)

n4yek

I have a question for anyone, the following is from the DSDPlus notes:

Decoder Options

-fa
Using -fa (or nothing) will auto-decode all supported protocols.
Polarity of signals is auto-detected.

-fd -fn -fN -fr -f1 -fx -fp
When monitoring a single type of traffic,
locking the protocol can provide slightly better decoding results.

-D1 -D2
Use -D# to control which DMR voice slot is decoded and synthesized.

-xr -xR
Use these to force the polarity used for DMR decoding.
If these are not used, the program will attempt to auto-detect DMR polarity.

-xx
X2-TDMA signals are assumed to be inverted unless this option is used.

-u
Lower values (slightly) reduce CPU load.

The Options -D1 & -D2 bring up 'invalid command line parameter' when I try to use it to start my decode. Example: dsd -fr -D1
Anyone else get this? just curious if I am using it incorrectly.
Thanks.
FYI: great program!!!

Last edited:

frazpo

The Options -D1 & -D2 bring up 'invalid command line parameter' when I try to use it to start my decode. Example: dsd -fr -D1
Anyone else get this? just curious if I and using it incorrectly.
Thanks.
FYI: great program!!!

Same here. Came across that last night.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I thought this didn't provide support for p2 and moto tdma? even more awesome if it does!

I don't have any X2-TDMA or Phase 2 to test with locally. The program claims X2-TDMA support, but I don't see any reference to Phase 2 support. I guess the only way to really tell is to pipe some raw Phase 2 audio in and see what it does.

I couldnt' find any raw Phase 2 samples online. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I wasn't savvy enough to google them out.

mike

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I just dowloaded it and am decoding NXDN trunking. This is awesome!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

racingfan360

Just thought I'd let others know of a few extra features that DSD+ now provides that I haven't seen published here yet:

- Like DMRDecode it displays the Color Code of the DMR system, but unlike DMRDecode it can decode simplex DMR Color Codes (as well as obviously decoding the audio for both!)

- The ability to distinguish between Simplex and Base transmissions in the display/logfile (eg MS for Simplex DMR, BS for Base (or Repeater) DMR, CS for conventional simplex NXDN, CB for Conventional Base NXDN and TS/TB for trunked NXDN simplex/base respectively).

Just these features alone are a great so thanks to whoever took the time on the development of the code.

Personally I would have preferred the ability to make a recording per transmission like DSD but I can live with the timed wav/mp3 file creation as it logs this. Adding a timestamp per packet to the logfile like DMRDecode would also be a welcome next step if that were possible.

A great xmas present !

Jim

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
I don't have any X2-TDMA or Phase 2 to test with locally. The program claims X2-TDMA support, but I don't see any reference to Phase 2 support. I guess the only way to really tell is to pipe some raw Phase 2 audio in and see what it does.

I couldnt' find any raw Phase 2 samples online. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I wasn't savvy enough to google them out.

mike

mike,

nj's new statewide system is a x2-tdma system, albeit without much traffic. will try to see if i can't get this to decode some traffic once i finally make it back into the shack. the holidays had me running like a chicken with it's head cut off.

slicerwizard

IMHO DSD gives a nicer mellow sounding recovered audio with good/better bass response, whereas DSDPlus produces a somewhat more harsh sounding audio with what appears to be more emphasis on high frequency audio response and less bass response. I also think that DSDPlus seems to be emphasizing transmit background noise more too (bit of audio compression going on somewhere?) but I need to spend more time listening and comparing.
Sounds like there is too much audio AGC. Try using a fixed audio gain.

Looks like the program used to support directed DMR slot decoding, but now decodes both simultaneously.

A bug???
When I type: dsd -f1 it shows it is decoding P25 and X2, supposed to only be decoding P25
Do any P25 systems support both P25 Phase 1 and X2-TDMA? If so, it would make sense to be looking for both types of sync patterns / frames.

- The ability to distinguish between Simplex and Base transmissions in the display/logfile (eg MS for Simplex DMR, BS for Base (or Repeater) DMR, CS for conventional simplex NXDN, CB for Conventional Base NXDN and TS/TB for trunked NXDN simplex/base respectively).
Based on the known DMR/NXDN sync patterns, would these be:

DMR
MS: mobile subscriber
BS: base station

NXDN
CS: conventional subscriber
CB: conventional base station
TS: trunked subscriber
TB: trunked base station

Not sure if subscriber is the right term for non-trunking though.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have this working, sort of. When I'm on a DMR channel the display scrolls and I see data displaying. From reading this thread I'm seeing indications of Slot 1 and occasionally Slot 2. I'm getting Color Codes, mostly 7. I'm getting BS, which indicates I'm getting data. and I'm getting an Idle message. Once in a wile I get voice fragments and a snippet of voice. I'm just not getting consistent voice.

I parked on my towns DPW VHF frequency and at first I got all of the above. Now I get nothing although SDR# shows activity on that frequency. I do hear the data sound and the "Trial" marker from VAC. Just no audio.

I think I'm close, but not quite there yet.

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone might have.

I'm running DSD with no additional parameters right now. I was specifying the audio input and no recording, but I stopped doing that.

br0adband

Do any P25 systems support both P25 Phase 1 and X2-TDMA? If so, it would make sense to be looking for both types of sync patterns / frames.

I would say "yes" to that because the S.N.A.C.C. system here in the Las Vegas area has just such a setup (Phase 1 and X2-TDMA P25) currently in use, but hardly any traffic using X2-TDMA. They're using it for whatever reason while they get ready to move to Phase 2, as I understand things based on postings from people in this area.

Probably in use in other areas too hence the way DSDPlus is supporting it under just one switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.