EBRCS Update

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
The DB has not yet been updated, but I've submitted the following talkgroups:

3405 - OPD 1
3406 - OPD 2
3407 - OPD 3

2405 - OAK FD 1
2406 - OAK FD 2
2407 - OAK FD 3
2408 - OAK FD 4
2409 - OAK FD 5
2410 - OAK FD 6
2411 - OAK FD 7
2412 - OAK FD 8
2413 - OAK FD 9
2414 - OAK FD 10
2415 - OAK FD 11
2416 - OAK FD 12
2417 - OAK FD 13

Oakland Fire was doing coverage testing yesterday. I also noticed the following talkgroups active:

3409 - OPD?
3411 - OPD?
3428 - OPD?
3447 - OPD?
3448 - OPD?

2433 - OAK FD?
2435 - OAK FD?

I've seen the Oakland FD fleetmap and their Zone 1 channels only go up to 10. 11 and 12 are not fire related but 13 is the airport, so I don't know if 11 and 12 are correct.
 

officer_415

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
995
Location
SF Bay Area
I've seen the Oakland FD fleetmap and their Zone 1 channels only go up to 10. 11 and 12 are not fire related but 13 is the airport, so I don't know if 11 and 12 are correct.

Thanks, I will add a note to my submission.
 

cozmo

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Germantown
Could Oakland Fire 11 and 12 be a patch for White 1 and Alco Tac 4 ?
Or maybe 2433 - OAK FD and 2435 - OAK FD might be for those.
 
Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Could Oakland Fire 11 and 12 be a patch for White 1 and Alco Tac 4 ?
Or maybe 2433 - OAK FD and 2435 - OAK FD might be for those.

11 is OKL P T4
12 is OKL OPD
13 is AIRPORT
14 is OKL CMD

I should have said previously that 11 and 12 weren't Oakland fire specific. Looks like 11 is a patch for VHF TAC 4 and 12 obviously some type of interop with PD?
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
And just for info, the ALCO NW site is indicating Phase 2 on Pro96Com software.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Yes. It just means there are Phase ii enabled talk groups on the system.
 

cozmo

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Germantown
Is there a way to tell which one's are Phase ii enabled talk groups ?
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
So this must be the reason why I don't pick up Oakland PD when I am down t here.

No that's not the reason. Oakland hasn't been talking much if at all. They have not completely made the switch. Units have only been active for radio checks
 

officer_415

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
995
Location
SF Bay Area
11 is OKL P T4
12 is OKL OPD
13 is AIRPORT
14 is OKL CMD

I should have said previously that 11 and 12 weren't Oakland fire specific. Looks like 11 is a patch for VHF TAC 4 and 12 obviously some type of interop with PD?

Or maybe 11 is a patch to OPD Tac 4? I don't know what the "P" would be for if it's ALCO Tac 4. Their APX7000s should be dual-band VHF/700, right?
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Or maybe 11 is a patch to OPD Tac 4? I don't know what the "P" would be for if it's ALCO Tac 4. Their APX7000s should be dual-band VHF/700, right?

If that was the case, why not start at OPD Tac 1? And it wouldn't be a patch since they are on the same system anyway.

The current VHF Fire Tac 4 covers western Alameda County (where Oakland is) and i's a Tac 4 we know is related to fire operations, so that is a more likely choice. However, things that make sense to us, don't always means it makes sense to the administrators who get to decide what gets programmed in the radios and add a "P" for no reason, so who knows.
 
Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
1,094
Reaction score
288
Location
Sonoma Co., California
According to a good source, Oakland PD is only testing their portables at the moment and during "down time" for the officers. Mobiles are to be worked on after portable testing is completed.

Regards,

-Frank C.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
The wiki was updated with several unknown talkgroups that fall within the Oakland range. Please take a look and see if you can ID those that are unknown. A little bit later, I will post the names of the talkgroups I have according to a programming sheet I have (that's missing the talkgroups obviously) to see what we can match up.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Oakland Fire
Zone A

OKL 1
OKL 2
OKL 3
OKL 4
OKL 5
OKL 6
OKL 7
OKL 8
OKL 9
OKL 10
OKL P T4
OKL OPD
AIRPORT
OKL CMD
XALFIRE3D (851.1125)
OKL EMRG
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Oakland Fire
Zone B

OKL 1
OKL ADMIN
OKL SPT1
OKL SPT2
OKL FPB1
OKL FPB2
OKL HAZ1
OKL HAZ2
OKL TRN1
OKL TRN2
OKL BATT2
OKL BATT3
OKL BATT4
OKL BATT5
OIT RADIO
OKL EMRG

The only references to SPT on Oakland's website I could find where related to the cities "Special Prosecution Team."

"The City's Special Prosecution Team (SPT) is a new unit of criminal lawyers in the City who
work with the Council, the District Attorney, the Police Department, Alcohol Beverage Action
Team (ABAT), Fire, Community & Economic Development Agency (CEDA) and Public Works
to prosecute chronic non-felony, misdemeanor crimes that severely impact the community's
quality of life."

Which is fire related I guess?

FPB is the Fire Prevention Bureau
 
Last edited:
Top