EBRCS Update

kingpewpew

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Byron, CA
Well, that wouldnt nescessarily mean they are encrypted, could be you are not getting a clear signal.
Hmm pro96com was saying it, not my radio. It was showing ENC right next to 7005. I will get a screen shot tomorrow when I'm at work. Also when I did tune in the E symbol showed up on my PSR-800 with means encryption. I really hope they are just testing.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Yeah as far as I know, main talk groups are not supposed to be encrypted under agreement with the EBRCS users. Might be testing then.

Can you post radio Id's from the transmission
 

kingpewpew

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Byron, CA
Yeah as far as I know, main talk groups are not supposed to be encrypted under agreement with the EBRCS users. Might be testing then.
Can you post radio Id's from the transmission
I sure hope so, at this time its only a single user with a random 4XXXXX number. I will post the I.D tomorrow when I get back into work.
A V.I.P which is a volunteer in the police force did comment on local facebook page that they were in fact going full encryption this next month. I'm hoping its all F.U.D.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Yeah I doubt that, especially from a source that's a volunteer. Main dispatch channels cannot be encrypted on EBRCS. Tac channels will Def be encrypted

Radio should fall somewhere between 4078 and 4118
 
Last edited:

kingpewpew

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Byron, CA
Yeah I doubt that, especially from a source that's a volunteer. Main dispatch channels cannot be encrypted on EBRCS. Tac channels will Def be encrypted

Radio should fall somewhere between 4078 and 4118

I dont mean to take this OT but https://www.facebook.com/EastCountyToday/posts/815365815252575 the chief even stated they are going full encryption. So what does this mean for other agencies when they need to talk to APD? Since last Thursday I've been listening and not a peep out of 7005, lots of radios are associating but none are talking. I did get some encrypted traffic on Friday but it was too quick for me to snap a pic.
 

kingpewpew

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Byron, CA
I dont mean to take this OT but https://www.facebook.com/EastCountyToday/posts/815365815252575 the chief even stated they are going full encryption. So what does this mean for other agencies when they need to talk to APD? Since last Thursday I've been listening and not a peep out of 7005, lots of radios are associating but none are talking. I did get some encrypted traffic on Friday but it was too quick for me to snap a pic.
Finally got a video, looks like dispatch's I.D? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SBVhtQr98w&feature=youtu.be
 

stingray327

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
33
Location
San Francisco, California bay area
I dont mean to take this OT but https://www.facebook.com/EastCountyToday/posts/815365815252575 the chief even stated they are going full encryption. So what does this mean for other agencies when they need to talk to APD? Since last Thursday I've been listening and not a peep out of 7005, lots of radios are associating but none are talking. I did get some encrypted traffic on Friday but it was too quick for me to snap a pic.

So no more monitoring possible on 154.945?
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
I dont mean to take this OT but https://www.facebook.com/EastCountyToday/posts/815365815252575 the chief even stated they are going full encryption. So what does this mean for other agencies when they need to talk to APD? Since last Thursday I've been listening and not a peep out of 7005, lots of radios are associating but none are talking. I did get some encrypted traffic on Friday but it was too quick for me to snap a pic.

Well that's interesting. Guess we will have to wait and see. I personally don't believe main dispatch will be encrypted.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
EBRCS policy 12-04 dated 02/17/2012
Encryption should be confined to special operations and not used on any primary dispatch talk groups.

So we shall see :)
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
It's too bad they don't have a scanner that can decode encryption. Our hobby is slowly slipping away.

there will never be a scanner that decodes encryption. That's the whole point of encryption, to prevent monitoring.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
It's helpful if you post what site and what you heard. That talk group and radio are in the wiki too
 

kingpewpew

Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Byron, CA
It's helpful if you post what site and what you heard. That talk group and radio are in the wiki too

I didn't know there was rules. If its in the wiki how come its not on the main EBRCS freq page? Its fine I will keep all things personal now.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
No need to get defensive. The system is set up regionally. If you tell us where or what site you are listening to, it helps us determine who it is.

Unknown talk groups aren't allowed to be listed on the main page. The wiki Is an area where notes are kept to help ID unknowns.
 

stingray327

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
33
Location
San Francisco, California bay area
No need to get defensive. The system is set up regionally. If you tell us where or what site you are listening to, it helps us determine who it is.

Unknown talk groups aren't allowed to be listed on the main page. The wiki Is an area where notes are kept to help ID unknowns.

I have some freqs. that show up on HP-2 as unknown. Do you need the tag number? Where do I post this?
 
Top