Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I am getting an echo.. almost a feedback type sound... when I listen to my scanners over IP.

I have a bcd996t and bcd996xt each connected to one dell optiplex running windows xp pro sp3. The mono audio cables from each scanner are connected to an adapter that mixes the two audio sources into a stereo mini jack, which is plugged into the stereo "line-in" jack of the PC's sound card. Thus the left channel has one scanner audio, and the right has the other.

I believe what's happening, is that I am sending both channels of audio over IP at the same time. but one feed is slightly delayed than the other.

Can someone tell me what audio adjustments I need to make in ProScan to only allow one of each of the left and right channels over IP. without messing up my ability to still record the audio from each scanner on remote clients?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am getting an echo.. almost a feedback type sound... when I listen to my scanners over IP.

I have a bcd996t and bcd996xt each connected to one dell optiplex running windows xp pro sp3. The mono audio cables from each scanner are connected to an adapter that mixes the two audio sources into a stereo mini jack, which is plugged into the stereo "line-in" jack of the PC's sound card. Thus the left channel has one scanner audio, and the right has the other.

I believe what's happening, is that I am sending both channels of audio over IP at the same time. but one feed is slightly delayed than the other.

Can someone tell me what audio adjustments I need to make in ProScan to only allow one of each of the left and right channels over IP. without messing up my ability to still record the audio from each scanner on remote clients?

Do you intend to stream Stereo? If yes, both the left and right level controls in the Audio - ProScan Remote Scanner Over IP tab should be at 100%.

To verify that the scanner audio is NOT the same on both left and right channels. Do the following:
Assuming Scanner 1 is on the left channel and the scanner 2 is on the right channel. Go to the Audio - ProScan Remote Scanner Over IP tab and look at the left and right level meters. While looking at them, turn scanner 1 volume down and verify the left channel meter level goes down and the right meter doesn't change. Turn scanner 2 volume down and verify the right channel meter level goes down and the left meter doesn't change.

I wouldn't use the term "mix" as both audio sources remain separated and not mixed.

Echo can also be picked up by a mic or speaker acting as a mic. You advised "one feed is slightly delayed than the other." Are you running two feeds? When comparing feeds, there is no delay between feeds but what you may be experiencing is the playback audio locally and at same time via Remote Scanner Over IP client, that will produce a delay.
say delay,

Last edited:

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks.. Yes. The Problem was that i was sending audio from both left and right channels from BOTH feeds almost simultaneouly... One "left channel" was slightly behind the other "left channel" thus causing what sounded like an echo. I went into ProScan's audio settings tab.. and turned down the level on one channel on one virtual scanner and did the same to the opposite channel on the other virtual scanner. It sounds fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.