Elizabeth River Crossings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Yes....this is the 462.225/467.225 repeater input/output (or base/mobile) described. This must be the
"462.225" that N4JRI heard while down here. As stated in his post:

"I found 462.225 by accident while in Virginia Beach"

"Here's what I recorded & logged:"

CC1, TS1, TG1001 radio ID's:
14 - Berkeley Plaza
15 - unit 405 ?
17 - Station 1
18 - Station 2
19 - Station 3
20 - Station 4
21 - Station 5
27 - Berkeley Bridge
29 - Downtown Tunnel
38 - Downtown Tunnel (addressing various 'stations')

CC1, TS2, TG1002 radio ID's:
11 - sounds like ISB or SSB addressing Midtown Tunnel
16 - Pinners Point
23 - "15" addressing Midtown
31 - Midtown (base station)
32 - Midtown (base station)
36 - "midtown" heard - unknown if I heard Midtown, or someone addressing it
40 - AC Plaza (?) "switching to tactical 1"
71 - maintenance
92 - "12"

So he has obviously got it going on with his Whistler.....wish I could say the same with my Uniden. It has GOT to be something simple we are missing somehow (or so I tell myself to stay sane)

Eugene KG4AVE

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Tried tonight on my WS-1088 and 436 side by side, nothing. Programmed as Conventional DMR and DMR one frequency on my 436. Nothing

Eugene

Well either by design or accident this system cannot be monitored.........ready to admit defeat......delete the system and move on.........

Eugene

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
You and me both I’m 0 for 2 cant crack the water park in Powells Point NC either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping to get back down there on 8/19 or 8/26. Will try to see if I can hear anything.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping to get back down there on 8/19 or 8/26. Will try to see if I can hear anything.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

How did you have it programmed on your Whistler scanner? I’ve got it programmed as conventional DMR with nothing

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
How did you have it programmed on your Whistler scanner? I’ve got it programmed as conventional DMR with nothing

I monitored as conventional. Had found the frequency by accident because it's also a BF888 test freq that I keep programmed.

Best listening was radio checks around 10-10:30p. Got better reception in VA Beach than in Norfolk & Portsmouth.

It's always possible that they made temporary use of this system, and could've migrated to another.

I hope to come down 8/19 or 8/26 depending on weather, and a few other factors.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I’m in VB, right near Town Center. Haven’t got anything. Went through the tunnel and didn’t get anything. I don’t get it. There’s gotta some special way you programmed it

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I’m in VB, right near Town Center. Haven’t got anything. Went through the tunnel and didn’t get anything. I don’t get it. There’s gotta some special way you programmed it

LOL! Yes, I discovered it when staying in Virginia Beach during the winter, and was scanning a bunch of low power/itinerant stuff including BF888 test freqs. Kept getting what sounded like DMR, so I did a Fn-0, tuned 462.225 in, and sat on it. Later, I programmed it as a conventional object for TS2 only, because I was hoping to catch more Midtown Tunnel ID's while eating at the Teppanyaki on Tidewater Drive. Reception wasn't as good there, but I did get a few things.

Given that it's probably a commercial comm company, the usage may have been temporary. Am headed in that direction this Thursday/Friday and will try my luck again. There were radio checks around 10-11p, I believe, so that might be a good time to hit the search mode and see if you catch anything.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Eugene

Hey Allen....not familiar with the Whistler jargon. What is an Fn-0. I do have some familiarity with GRE scanners so as a conventional object, was that conventional P25, Conventional analog or Conventional DMR (not trunked or "one system"). When you get here send me a PM....maybe we could meet up Sat. sometime.

Eugene KG4AVE

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
LOL! Yes, I discovered it when staying in Virginia Beach during the winter, and was scanning a bunch of low power/itinerant stuff including BF888 test freqs. Kept getting what sounded like DMR, so I did a Fn-0, tuned 462.225 in, and sat on it. Later, I programmed it as a conventional object for TS2 only, because I was hoping to catch more Midtown Tunnel ID's while eating at the Teppanyaki on Tidewater Drive. Reception wasn't as good there, but I did get a few things.

Given that it's probably a commercial comm company, the usage may have been temporary. Am headed in that direction this Thursday/Friday and will try my luck again. There were radio checks around 10-11p, I believe, so that might be a good time to hit the search mode and see if you catch anything.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

I’ve had the system in my scanner before, and have received on my 436. Now I do not hear anything. Even when I am right near the tunnel. I have programmed as conventional DMR in the 1088 and a programmed 2 ways in my 446, Conventional with Digital search, also as a one frequency trunked system with color code 1 and the 4 frequencies and color code 2 and the four frequencies. Nada

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Hey Allen....not familiar with the Whistler jargon. What is an Fn-0. I do have some familiarity with GRE scanners so as a conventional object, was that conventional P25, Conventional analog or Conventional DMR (not trunked or "one system"). When you get here send me a PM....maybe we could meet up Sat. sometime.

Eugene KG4AVE

Fn-0 is the equivalent of TUNE on earlier GRE models. Essentially a search mode of one frequency. The TRX doesn't decode DMR or NXDN on a normal FM memory channel, but will if in Search, Sweeper, or Tune. So if I hear some masked digital on a memory channel, Fn-0 puts the radio into TUNE mode on the screen freq. pretty handy!

Will PM you shortly

73/Allen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.