EMS Provider St. Clair

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooper927

Premium Subscriber
The EMS provider for St. Clair County is TRI-Hospital EMS, they have seven stations spread out across the county and handle all the calls.

bigbluemsp

Marysville Fire Department is the only city with their own EMS Rig. They make all their own transports.

As for the county TRI Hospital EMS is the primary EMS company in the county but on the western end Lapeer EMS, and Richmond Lenox are still used.

Also in the southern most part of the county in Clay, Ira, Casco Twps Richmond Lenox EMS is used because they are closer.

Tri opperates on the MPSCS System while Lapeer EMS is in 800 Analog Smartnet system II and Richmond Lenox is on VHF hi

yooper927

Premium Subscriber
Big Blue is correct, I should have said TRI-Hospital handles most of the calls in the county, not all, and that there are other ambulance services. Other than Marysville the rest are in the so called triangle areas where multiple ambulance services are close to each other at the edges of the county. There is also talk that TRI may soon be covering parts of Sanilac County to the North.

bigbluemsp

yooper927 said:
Big Blue is correct, I should have said TRI-Hospital handles most of the calls in the county, not all, and that there are other ambulance services. Other than Marysville the rest are in the so called triangle areas where multiple ambulance services are close to each other at the edges of the county. There is also talk that TRI may soon be covering parts of Sanilac County to the North.

Yes they will eventually take over all of the Peck/Croswell/Lexington area that Croswell EMS used to have.

Thorny41587

It's weird. I've been to citys that have thier own PD, FD and EMS! And some places do it all on a countywide level. Why is this?

bigbluemsp

Port Huron used to have their own EMS up until the late 70's when Tri came in and took over. Tri offers more services with more rigs and man power. All that and they only pay $8.50-11.00 a hour depending on your training level of experience.

My township had their own EMS until 2001 but they got sued and lost the EMS powers

Status
Not open for further replies.