Enc

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR45

What s with all the ENC transmissions on the Cedarwoods Tower that do not show up in the trunk tracking mode.

I heard these in the conventional mode. (Guelph stuff does show up)

gary123

Probably OPP intell units. I have heard Guelph on the tower lots of times. try going to Id search and see if you get any TGids that way

JR45

I have tryed listening in the search mode. I have my truck tracking scanner in the search mode and another scanner in the conventional mode and I am hearing losts of ENC in conventional but not showing up in truck tracking mode even though it is in the seach mode.
Guelph PD is the exception

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Fire up Trunk88 and see if you can figure out what TG's are running encryption.

gary123

im too far to get ceadarwoods well but i will try T88 to see if I can pick up anything. Is there a single conventional freq that is more active? How is the signal streanth compared to the trunking signal?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I have tryed listening in the search mode. I have my truck tracking scanner in the search mode

There's your problem, you need a trunking scanner not a trucking scanner :lol:

Seriously, most of the newer scanners are designed to recognize an encrypted signal and skip over it.

If you're using a newer scanner to follow the trunking system, you might hear a quick blip of audio before it passes on. If you're using an older scanner or you're parking on the conventional channel then you will see the encrypted activity.

It's probably Guelph PS which is now running encryption.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
There's your problem, you need a trunking scanner not a trucking scanner :lol:

Seriously, most of the newer scanners are designed to recognize an encrypted signal and skip over it.

If you're using a newer scanner to follow the trunking system, you might hear a quick blip of audio before it passes on. If you're using an older scanner or you're parking on the conventional channel then you will see the encrypted activity.

It's probably Guelph PS which is now running encryption.

This is the same guy that was sure that Waterloo Region was testing Provoice with ENC a few weeks back but yet he can't determine which agency was using ENC on the Cedarwoods site.

Status
Not open for further replies.