encryption question

KK4JUG

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2014
Messages
4,688
Reaction score
3,484
Location
GA
I agree with the above post. How or why is it someone else's fault when a buyer fails to do the research on what they are buying?
Happens all the time. Someone buys a ham radio then asks, "Now, what?" They buy a "shortwave" radio and ask, "What's there to listen to?" Someone buys a scanner then asks how to program it for the local PD (which may very well be encrypted).

We've all seen posts like this on this forum.
 

StoliRaz

£uck Encryption
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
1,096
Reaction score
1,007
I agree with the above post. How or why is it someone else's fault when a buyer fails to do the research on what they are buying?
I suppose he could have bought it then the PD went encrypted a year or two later. But, that's the risk you take. Thankfully I have broad listening habits myself
 
Top