encryption question

KK4JUG

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 13, 2014
Messages
4,689
Reaction score
3,486
Location
GA
I agree with the above post. How or why is it someone else's fault when a buyer fails to do the research on what they are buying?
Happens all the time. Someone buys a ham radio then asks, "Now, what?" They buy a "shortwave" radio and ask, "What's there to listen to?" Someone buys a scanner then asks how to program it for the local PD (which may very well be encrypted).

We've all seen posts like this on this forum.
 

StoliRaz

Active Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 4, 2007
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
1,007
I agree with the above post. How or why is it someone else's fault when a buyer fails to do the research on what they are buying?
I suppose he could have bought it then the PD went encrypted a year or two later. But, that's the risk you take. Thankfully I have broad listening habits myself
 
Top