does anyone know if Coventry Police went encrypted?
Sad day. ThanksDB has been updated
Yup, it's sad. thanksThey sure did, as of 0900 yesterday!
![]()
Officer Craig Sroka - he is on Coventry PD, he often does TikTok where people can ask questions and he answers them.I am now intrigued.......Craig who?![]()
You are correct. There are several more agencies that will be going with encryption in the near future and I doubt that there will be many police departments without encryption by the time next summer comes around. If you want someone to blame, you can look to the online scanner apps and the social media "news" people showing up on scenes and reporting incidents before emergency services even arrive on the scene.All of this encrypted BS is like a Biblical plaque spreading through the whole state pretty soon every PD will be infected and that totally sucks when you pay 700 dollars for a digital trunking scanner and you can listen to s??t anymore 👿
As the old TV infomercials used to say....All of this encrypted BS is like a Biblical plaque spreading through the whole state pretty soon every PD will be infected and that totally sucks when you pay 700 dollars for a digital trunking scanner and you can listen to s??t anymore 👿
You can listen to all kinds of things on that scanner still. It isn't like not having police makes it worthless.All of this encrypted BS is like a Biblical plaque spreading through the whole state pretty soon every PD will be infected and that totally sucks when you pay 700 dollars for a digital trunking scanner and you can listen to s??t anymore 👿
There's one city in Rhode Island that is absolutely thrilled about being encrypted. I won't say who, but I know for a fact, they have had issues with scanner listeners for years. I was surprised they never went sooner. (Gil and I have discussed this offline).You are correct. There are several more agencies that will be going with encryption in the near future and I doubt that there will be many police departments without encryption by the time next summer comes around. If you want someone to blame, you can look to the online scanner apps and the social media "news" people showing up on scenes and reporting incidents before emergency services even arrive on the scene.