• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F3261DT password protected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

I bought an F3261DT off ebay and when I opened the box it turned out to be a railroad version. When I connected it to my computer and try to read the radio it asks for a password. I sent a message to the seller to ask if the had the password but he does not have it. Does anyone know how to unlock or even factory reset the radio? Or is there a way to change the firmware to the non-railroad version? I mean what can I do to make it accept programming? Is there a default password on railroad radios? I seem to remember another member here having a similar issue but I could not find that thread.

Tim-B

Well, if nobody knows then let me ask you this. How many times can I guess a password before it triggers something that bricks the radio? It has to be something easy that is either part of the serial number or some blanket password that any of the programmers of a company will know. Like the password of 159357 that initiates dealer mode.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Open an "item not describe" case on Ebay and send the radio back. Nope, with Icom radios, there is no way around it. The password either has to be known, or the radio returned to their service center. If you aren't the original owner, they'll be unlikely to help you.
Good old brokenstolenradios.com strikes again. At least you'll get a full refund.

Tim-B

I don't think it was stolen. It was new in the box with all the small parts like the belt clip and connector cover and antenna still sealed inside their plastic bags and the clear peel off protective film was still on the display. It was in absolutely pristine condition. Not even a speck of dust.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Many radios are purchased and put away for issuance. The bottom line is it's password protected. If the seller didn't disclose this in the listing, then they owe you a refund.
Assuming this was the listing:

Then you will get 100 percent of your money back. NEW IN BOX (UNUSED as Ebay states) don't come with passwords set from the factory. Open a case and get your $700 back. NEW means never programmed, never used, never modified from it's factory state.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
At least you will get all of your money back. That is one saving grace. For that price, you can go to an authorized Icom dealer and get one new with a warranty, guaranteed to be free of passwords and someone else' programming. Good luck.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If you need a VHF NXDN capable radio, you can get a brand new Kenwood for less. I'm not familiar with recent Icom pricing, but I suspect they are the same.

I agree, send that dud back, buy a new one.

ElevatorsAndRadios

yarewesog
Premium Subscriber
I bought an RR version F3261DT and 159357 (default Icom password) was the one the seller told me to put in. It worked.

12dbsinad

If you paid 700 for that radio you didn't get a good deal anyway. That's MSRP pricing. You could do much better at a actual dealer and also get the support.

ethanclement

I bought an F3261DT off ebay and when I opened the box it turned out to be a railroad version. When I connected it to my computer and try to read the radio it asks for a password. I sent a message to the seller to ask if the had the password but he does not have it. Does anyone know how to unlock or even factory reset the radio? Or is there a way to change the firmware to the non-railroad version? I mean what can I do to make it accept programming? Is there a default password on railroad radios? I seem to remember another member here having a similar issue but I could not find that thread.

There is most likely a way to override the password by disabling eProm when radio boots.
Contact me at ethanclement at ccimail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.