Favorite frequency bands

What are your favorite frequency bands? You may choose more than one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyRick

Man, I'm not sure I can pick ONE favorite band. Can I pick two? :) 40 meters is my favorite for late night/very early morning contacts. 40 also seems to have more ragchewers than the other bands

During daylight hours, it's 17 meters. GREAT DX band. So that's my favorite daytime band.

2 meters is.....just OK for me. I'll use it when I'm out and about in the car, but the only time I have it on at home is when severe weather is in the area.

K4APR

70cm = 440mhz. Haven't really cared for two meters!

Yep! It took me about six months when I first got my license back in the mid-90's to start hating the mindless yammering on 2m and move to 70cm. It was later when I got into APRS that 2m became useful to me and I kept voice on 70cm. No desense issues either :D

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm a new user with only a HT with 2 meters and 70 cm and 2 meters is quite active in my area. So there it is. 2 meters.

By the way, where is the poll?

N4JKD

Amateur Extra
Well, I'm a new user with only a HT with 2 meters and 70 cm and 2 meters is quite active in my area. So there it is. 2 meters.

By the way, where is the poll?

Congrats on your new license. 2 meters is where I mostly play. I am a general and have an HF radio, but been enjoying local 2 meter talk lately.

Jason N4JKD

KG4NEL

15 and 40, mostly.

I'll always have a soft spot for six, as I made my first DX QSOs on 50.110. One of these days I'll finish VUCC or join SMIRK :D

Status
Not open for further replies.