FCC grants approval for new Uniden WiFi/Bluetooth module..... scanner related maybe?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The FCC reports site recently posted approval for a new Uniden WiFi / Bluetooth combo module. Model WBMO - FCC ID AMWUA2404. Those have long been highly requested features for inclusion in Uniden scanners. These were once Uniden's thoughts on those features being included in scanners... from a post about 10 years ago:
We put a lot of thought and experimentation into incorporating Bluetooth, actually. In addition to increasing the size and cost of the scanner, it would have introduced a very high level of RF noise into the scanner. That last reason is also why the Wi-Fi dongle on the 536 is a dongle, and not integrated. In general, transmitters in close proximity to wide-band receivers are a poor combination.

A statement in the included "Short term Confidentiality Letter" begins:
"Since this design is a basis from which future technological products will evolve,"

Maybe things have changed since then in regards to having those features integrated into scanners? Or maybe an external dongle with both WiFi and Bluetooth? Or maybe just wishful thinking.

Last edited:

atomiczsec

They asked for short term confidentiality of 180 days, hopefully once that expires there will be more information on it like pictures.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
The FCC reports site recently posted approval for a new Uniden WiFi / Bluetooth combo module. Model WBMO - FCC ID AMWUA2404. Those have long been highly requested features for inclusion in Uniden scanners. These were once Uniden's thoughts on those features being included in scanners... from a post about 10 years ago:

A statement in the included "Short term Confidentiality Letter" begins:

Maybe things have changed since then in regards to having those features integrated into scanners? Or maybe an external dongle with both WiFi and Bluetooth? Or maybe just wishful thinking.

Maybe...but the manufacturer is Attowave. They make radar detectors and I believe Uniden purchased them several years ago.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
For me i sure wish they would incorporate GPS into the scanner like the SDS 100 💯

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
I find that a Bluetooth transmitter interferes with reception of my SDS100. So I used a male to male 3.5 cord and reception improved.