• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FCC Report & Order to Open Up More 800 Spectrum for (PLMR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipfd320

Banned
There is a R/O from the FCC Drafted for the October 23rd Open Meeting in Washington D.C
from 10:30 to 12:30

https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/events/2018/10/october-2018-open-commission-meeting

Revitalizing the 800 MHz Band
The Commission will consider a Report and Order and Order opening up new channels in the 800 MHz Private Land Mobile Radio (PLMR) band, eliminating outdated rules, and reducing administrative burdens on PLMR licensees. (WP Docket Nos. 15-32, 16-261)

This is the 88 Page Report & Order for The Addition to 800 Spectrum

https://www.fcc.gov/document/improving-800-mhz-band

ipfd320

Banned
As I was Reading thru the Order a Bit--this Order has alot Players Getting Involved with Decisions / Recomendations / interference Issues--People like (mo) / (lmcc) / (Railroad) / (central station alarm) and a few More

There is also a Revamping on part 90 Rules--Some Stuff on Narrowbanding 150/174--450/470

this is 88 pages long with alot of twists and turns that will make your head spin--there are some parts which shows the big 3 are trying to influence the fcc on Frequency Enforcement as How I Think I Understand it --Some of the Wording and Footnotes are Interesting

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Could be interesting. It would be cool if a petition would come up to change the spectrum licensing to allow for more carriers in a 25 kHz channel as long as existing power regulations are followed. For example, if you are allowed 100W output on a 25 kHz channel, then you could run 4 6.25 kHz channels in that same channel as long as the output didn't exceed 25W per channel (still at your 100W limit for the 25 kHz of bandwidth). What I'd really like to see is an official ruling stating that 25 kHz of bandwidth is ours and we can place our carrier anywhere in it as long as we don't go beyond our existing channel. Be really handy for a few of my sites where I am my own interferer (70 miles of separation but same channels at each site) and allow me to simply shift one carrier up 6.25 kHz and the other down 6.25 kHz since I am running 12.5 kHz systems.

RadioGuy7268

What I'd really like to see is an official ruling stating that 25 kHz of bandwidth is ours and we can place our carrier anywhere in it as long as we don't go beyond our existing channel. Be really handy for a few of my sites where I am my own interferer (70 miles of separation but same channels at each site) and allow me to simply shift one carrier up 6.25 kHz and the other down 6.25 kHz since I am running 12.5 kHz systems.

It's been a few years (almost 20) - but back when we were looking at some old Part22 IMTS channels, we posed that exact question, and the FCC response was pretty much that if it was happening within our system's footprint, they didn't care much what we did to mitigate our own interference. That was verbal, but when we got involved with the Part80 VHF Public Coast auction, we were told that shifting off frequency center was NOT an option. Was that due to different services, a different group of regulators involved, or just the mood at the FCC that day? I'd guess a combination of all 3.

I agree it would be nice to see that type of flexibility. So much in the way of rules, but the useful reality is often lacking.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
New 800 MHz Spectrum Opens with Updated Part 90 Rules
Tuesday, October 23, 2018

New Part 90 rules adopted by the FCC Oct. 23 open 800 MHz spectrum, with 318 new 800 MHz interstitial channels becoming available.

The rules also make 40 expansion band (EB) and 40 guard band (GB) channels in 800 MHz available in National Public Safety Planning Advisory Committee (NPSPAC) regions where 800 MHz rebanding is completed.
https://www.rrmediagroup.com/Features/FeaturesDetails/FID/873

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Compliance Guide for New 800 MHz FCC Rules Released
February, 2019

The FCC published a compliance guide to help small entities with 800 MHz interests comply with new FCC rules announced in October.

The FCC said the guide is intended to help small entities — small businesses, organizations (non-profits) and governmental jurisdictions — comply with the revised rules.

Link: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-19-42A1.pdf

Link: https://www.rrmediagroup.com/News/NewsDetails/NewsID/17925

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
800 MHz EB/GB Spectrum in Limbo Pending Frequency Coordinator Agreement

April,2019

The 800 MHz expansion band/guard band (EB/GB) spectrum made available under new FCC rules adopted in October is in limbo as FCC-certified frequency advisory committees (FAC) failed to achieve agreement on 800 MHz application processing protocols after a year of effort.

Link: 800 MHz EB/GB Spectrum in Limbo Pending Frequency Coordinator Agreement

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
EWA: Let T-Band, 900 MHz B/I Incumbents Move to 800 MHz Guard Band

Friday, April 19, 2019

The Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA) asked the FCC to designate the Part 90 800 MHz guard band spectrum as “green space” for the relocation of business/industrial/land transportation (B/ILT) incumbents operating on T-band channels and certain 900 MHz narrowband channels.

T-band (470 – 512 MHz) and 900 MHz ((896 – 901/935 – 940 MHz) incumbents may need to be relocated to comparable facilities because of pending legislative and regulatory changes. Identifying replacement channels that can be assigned on an exclusive basis in bands with coverage that approximates the incumbents’ current spectrum is an essential part of both processes.

Link: EWA: Let T-Band, 900 MHz B/I Incumbents Move to 800 MHz Guard Band

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I am for that, I have a "T" band, but I don't think that's going to fly except in the 11major markets.
I would also prefer a pair of 800mhz outside the major markets, but I see PS isn't interested due to closeness to cell. Maybe these are not going to be very useful frequencies due to cell market saturation and interference.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
FCC Announces New 800 MHz Channels in Segment Vacated by Sprint
April 25, 2019
The FCC announced the dates and procedures for submitting applications in the 800 MHz band for expansion band (EB) and guard band (GB) channels, and the channels in the interleaved segment of the band vacated by Sprint Nextel in three National Public Safety Planning Advisory Committee (NPSPAC) regions following the completion of 800 MHz band reconfiguration in those three regions.
Link: FCC Announces New 800 MHz Channels in Segment Vacated by Sprint
Link: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-19-330A1.pdf

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Frequency Coordinators Reach Agreement on 800 MHz EB/GB Mutual Exclusivity Rules

May, 2019

The 11 frequency advisory committees (FACs) eligible to coordinate license applications for 800 MHz expansion and guard band (EB/GB) channels have unanimously signed a memorandum of agreement (MOA) that will govern frequency coordination processes.

Link: Frequency Coordinators Reach Agreement on 800 MHz EB/GB Mutual Exclusivity Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.