Finding DMR Frequencies in Your Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
If you are on my website, the srvc column shows what it is licensed for. As a general rule, IG will be conventional and anything starting with "Y" is trunked. Hover over "srvc" for reminders and click the link that box to view all codes.

Of course, licensing information is only as good as the quality of the paperwork and is just a general guide. Trust the reality on the ground.

Also, there are probably conventional and trunked systems in the market bands that you can search for. Right now, those owners are signified in my database as by the lower frequency of their spectrum allotment. Pull up their call sign for the entire range.

A friend pointed out that when programmed as conventional, you'll miss any voice traffic on the control channel. Also, you might want to avoid the control channel so it doesn't keep stopping on the data.

-----

I'll try to make some videos on Monday. I'm on a trip right now. If you want to send me the favorite's list you have so far, I'll look it over and add to it the stuff in your county.

enjoy your trip, talk to you soon.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I created an updated tool for importing into Sentinel.

Sentinel Advanced Quick Import

This page is not linked from the website. It is an exclusive link for this thread. The import procedures are slightly more complicated. If you want to share this, please share the link to this post so people will know how to get help.

This resolves the issue of trunked control channels slowing down scans when programmed as conventional channels. It also allows a better way to import frequencies to create trunked DMR systems.

Please provide your feedback: justin@digitalfrequencysearch.com or on this thread. If there are positive reviews, I'll either add it as a new page on the website or replace the existing Sentinel tool.

I still have to figure out a way to separate conventional mobile simplex channels bundled with some of the trunked licenses.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Hey that's a great tool it separated the used DMR from only the possible DMR, did well here what a list!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to travel to the city tomorrow to test the LCN finder myself.

These numbers may not correlate to ownership, but it is interesting:

71.8% of the Quick Import searches have been for Uniden Scanners while just 28.2% have been for Whistler, even though there are 2 applicable Uniden models and a lot (idk, ran out of fingers) of applicable Whistler models.

Explanations could also be:

• Uniden links to my website from their website, Whistler has not acknowledged its presence.
  • The Uniden DMR upgrade is easy to accomplish while many struggle with the Whistler upgrade.
  • More Uniden scanner owners follow this forum.
  • Etc.
I am considering posting a search that shows DMR repeaters only (no mobiles, etc.). Would that be useful to you?

z31jaime

I would like as many options for searching as you are willing to give. Including a p25

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kikito

Premium Subscriber
First and Foremost, WOW, that's a great tool you have created. Amazing job. I think I'm going to donate a little something.

[*]The Uniden DMR upgrade is easy to accomplish while many struggle with the Whistler upgrade.

I don't quite agree with that statement since I've been seeing as many people having trouble with both brands from day one. But don't matter, a couple more months and problems with both will be clear.... Until NXDN comes out and then it'll start all over again! LOL

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
You're right on with the LOL. That was going to start my reply, but by the time I got to the end of your post, you had already taken it.

Those were just possibilities. I don't know what is correlation vs. causation vs. not true at all.

All I know is there are a number of people who had TRX connection problems to the tune of needing to return the scanner or not being able to resolve it after extensive customer service with Whistler. Perhaps Uniden users are facing the same. I listed it, because who the heck is going to want to import frequencies after so much frustration just activating the upgrade?

Any donations are much appreciated, and I hope everyone agrees that I am putting it to good use.

K4EET

Chaplain
<snip> Any donations are much appreciated, and I hope everyone agrees that I am putting it to good use.

You have done an awesome job with the website (both websites), Sentinel Advanced Quick Import and DMR Frequency Quick Import, and I do hope that the donations are covering your server and hosting expenses as well as a nice steak dinner or two. Keep up the awesome work that you are doing for the RR community as long as you can!

73, Dave K4EET

K4EET

Chaplain
I just noticed that I was not at the top level of one of the websites listed in my previous post. So as to avoid confusion, the corrected URL is Digital Frequency Search. This is in reference to the second listing above...

73, Dave K4EET

Last edited:

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
I'm either doing something wrong or there is no action in my County, 1and 1/2 days and nothing on the LCN finder! Grrrrrr

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I'm either doing something wrong or there is no action in my County, 1and 1/2 days and nothing on the LCN finder! Grrrrrr

How did you determine what frequencies to use in LCN Finder? Could be all the frequencies entered are simply DMR, and LCN Finder will find nothing.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
AggieCon has an awesome website for finding frequencies in your county and how to put them in sentinel, then I write them to the scanner, afterwards I navigate to LCN finder on the scanner.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
AggieCon has an awesome website for finding frequencies in your county and how to put them in sentinel, then I write them to the scanner, afterwards I navigate to LCN finder on the scanner.

Yes he does. So you've used the trunk page he created? If the system is not very busy it can take a long time to find LCN's. Try taking the trunk frequencies and program them conventionally. See how active the frequencies are. This way you can also check if they are Con+, Cap+, or DMR. You'll also see if you have an active control channel. I've found that some of the frequencies listed as trunked in the FCC database are not always trunked. Same with conventional, I've found some that are trunked. I've also found some listed as DMR, that are actually NEXEDGE.

I guess I should add, It's not Aggie's website giving out bad info. It seems the FCC info is not always correct.

Last edited:

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
deleted
you mentioned active CC

Yes he does. So you've used the trunk page he created? If the system is not very busy it can take a long time to find LCN's. Try taking the trunk frequencies and program them conventionally. See how active the frequencies are. This way you can also check if they are Con+, Cap+, or DMR. You'll also see if you have an active control channel. I've found that some of the frequencies listed as trunked in the FCC database are not always trunked. Same with conventional, I've found some that are trunked. I've also found some listed as DMR, that are actually NEXEDGE.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
910af0bc0d7f31f72a3584c28ac6e4d1.jpg

This is the list of trunked frequencies on AggieCon page,
How do I determine the control frequency ?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
This is the list of trunked frequencies on AggieCon page,
How do I determine the control frequency ?

I would look them up in the regular quick import, copy only that system, paste it into sentinel, then remove the duplicates if any. What county and state are you entering? The screen shot doesn't show the station code. I can look it up and try to point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.