Finding Local Trunked System

IDAHOME24

I would check the frequencies in the license I linked. That license is actually for the ski resort.

I wasn't under the impression that I could hear the traffic with the frequencies alone. Don't I need to know the System Type in order to build these frequencies into a favorites list?

I am going to try a conventional discovery on the SDS100 with a 890.000-940.000 MHZ range. I think the Conventional Discovery feature should be able to pull the info on a new trunked radio system.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I wasn't under the impression that I could hear the traffic with the frequencies alone. Don't I need to know the System Type in order to build these frequencies into a favorites list?

I am going to try a conventional discovery on the SDS100 with a 890.000-940.000 MHZ range

I would start by listening to them conventionally first to see if any traffic matches what you’d expect then go from there.

IDAHOME24

I'm just now getting time to circle back to this. Thanks for asking, KevinC.

I ran a conventional discovery between 860 and 960 MHz and got 19 hits. 5 of them being frequencies unknown to my scanner. I did not hear any audio or voice traffic during discovery session. Just static. The 5 unknown frequencies were shorter transmissions. All of the known frequencies timed out at 30 sec, which is what I had the scanner set at to move onto the next frequency. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it is a pattern that I noticed when reviewing the file. DFI.JPG

This is what I picked up.