fire at Centennial

Status
Not open for further replies.

adkad

HI All: I heard a report of a plane on the ground on fire this afternoon on the main runway at Centennial. Neither ground nor tower spoke of the incident which I heard mentioned by a helicopter flying over Centennial, and I could not get any confirmation or other info. Does anyone know the frequencies of emergency equipment to Centennial that I might have use tuned in to hear more of this event? Incidentally no news report of the fire on tv or radio as yet. Thanks, Adkad

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Units were Dispatched on Metcom 1 and DG fire dispatch. They went en route on Metcom 3 and switched to Ops 11. They sure didn't talk much and Red 1 released all units once he arrived at the plane. You are right when the tower didn't speak of the event... They were still clearing jets to land:confused:

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Typically, units will switch to Centennial Ops channel (TG 3064). Not sure off the top of my head if this correlates to Ops 11 or not. That is a good TG to monitor when there is something going on at APA as the tower and airport ops personel will be talking about it on there as well.

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
TG 3064 is Centennial Airport Operations and doesn't correlate to Ops 11. You may hear SMFR say they're going to "A13" which is the airport channel. Usually Red 1 or Engine 35 will make contact with Centennial "OPS 5" (the airport operations boss) while enroute for further info. They will only use Ops 11 for incident traffic if something like an alert 3 actually happens.

luke-1

Toneslider12 said:
TG 3064 is Centennial Airport Operations and doesn't correlate to Ops 11. You may hear SMFR say they're going to "A13" which is the airport channel. Usually Red 1 or Engine 35 will make contact with Centennial "OPS 5" (the airport operations boss) while enroute for further info. They will only use Ops 11 for incident traffic if something like an alert 3 actually happens.

They use OPS-11 a lot at the airport and for other calls involving DC Fire and Metcom/South Metro because it is one of the only OPS/FG channels they both have in their radios

Toneslider12

OPS11 with FG12 and OPS13 with FG14 are the only two common tactical channel pairs between the DC agencies and SMFR. Parker will be dispatched by MetCom somewhere between mid Dec & Jan 08' anyway, so M/A ops channel usage at the airport will be almost non-existant. MetCom has also turned on their OPS9 for Parker moving over. It's been used almost just for training, I'll try to find the TG#.

luke-1

Toneslider12 said:
OPS11 with FG12 and OPS13 with FG14 are the only two common tactical channel pairs between the DC agencies and SMFR. Parker will be dispatched by MetCom somewhere between mid Dec & Jan 08' anyway, so M/A ops channel usage at the airport will be almost non-existant. MetCom has also turned on their OPS9 for Parker moving over. It's been used almost just for training, I'll try to find the TG#.

TG-1790

I have been hearing it for 2 or 3 days now

Toneslider12

Parker has been dispatched by Douglas County since they left Littleton in 99. MetCom currenlty dispatches for only South Metro Fire but does monitor the in or out of service status on Parker Stations 72, 74 & 75. The 6X series is Cunningham who is also dispatched by Douglas.

luke-1

Toneslider12 said:
Parker has been dispatched by Douglas County since they left Littleton in 99. MetCom currenlty dispatches for only South Metro Fire but does monitor the in or out of service status on Parker Stations 72, 74 & 75. The 6X series is Cunningham who is also dispatched by Douglas.

I sure wish Cunningham would jump on board with Metcom, Then I could pretty much lock-out DC Fire :)

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
I think they are 70 units. Also while I the topic I do not typical listen So. FD really would appericate unit ID # I know that 3 is So. Metro 6 is Cunningham but I am missing some. Also who is dispatching these units ?? Thx's Guys

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Littleton 1x (Littleton)
Castle Rock 15x (Douglas County)
Jackson 105 (Douglas County)
West Douglas 14x (Douglas County)
Larkspur 16x (Douglas County)
Franktown 18X (Douglas County)
Englewood 2x (Englewood)
South Metro 3X and 4X (Metcom)
Sheridan 5x (Sheridan)
Cunningham 6x (Douglas County)
Parker 7x (Douglas County currently / Metcom after Jan 1st)
Skyline 8x (Littleton)

There are some more but it's Sunday and I'm zoning

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.