Fire codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

Well, I waited for the smart people to answer, but I think they are not the same thing at all. Hammer = Hazmat, Rescue One = Not hazmat, but......?

Jerry

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
Is rescue 1 and hammer 1 the same thing for DFD?

NO Rescue 1 is the heavy rescue and co-responds along with Hammer-1 the Hazmat Unit on all hazmat calls.

Jim<

KB9LMJ

cstockmyer said:
Does each station have a tower and a pumper? Or are towers reserved for stations near down town or the DTC?

Check the 2nd posting in this string.

cstockmyer

Do most of the metro area Fire Departments have their own dive teams? In listening to this search down in Englewood, I think they used Littletons dive team. My parents live up by south metro's station 37, and sometimes they have their swift water team up there. Is that the same thing as a dive team?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
Do most of the metro area Fire Departments have their own dive teams? In listening to this search down in Englewood, I think they used Littletons dive team. My parents live up by south metro's station 37, and sometimes they have their swift water team up there. Is that the same thing as a dive team?

There are metro area dive teams based with Westy FD, South Metro FD and West Metro FD but when they get activated normally all go for the team concept.

Jim<

MikeyB

jimmnn said:
There are metro area dive teams based with Westy FD, South Metro FD and West Metro FD but when they get activated normally all go for the team concept.

Jim<

I'm sure it's been said already, but Denver and Littleton also have dive teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.