Firefighter Impersonation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiferh0

Limestone Fire had a Structure Fire today. Heres the view from my back yard:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/kiferh0/PICT0122-1.jpg

Anyways. I guess some nutcase drove up in his POV( with a red LED light on) to the fire scene claiming to be with Owasso FD and asked if they needed any help! LoL..it gets better..

They of course are probably like wtf? He gets back in his truck.. they get the tag and THEN.. he runs over all their hoses, lol. RCSO gets on scene and they run the tag and it came back to the correct name but a different address. The deputy chief of Limestone ges on the radio and asks his dispatch to call OFD and for them to send a Chief to the scene. OFD Bat - 1 Goes 97. he hears the name and knows it ( unsure how as of yet ) and thells the deputies that he lives less than a block away.

A Cheif from Limestone and OFD and 2 RSCO Deputies go to his house..same Red F250 truck sitting in the driveway ( with a TFD Union Badge in the window and a Red LED in the front window ). 3 Mins later they are 10-15.

I guess he faces charges from Owasso FD and Rogers County, all felony. ( its only a felony if you do it front of a Police Officer. What the guy didnt know.. Limestone has several reserve officers on their department. Their Chief is a former Homicide Investigator for TPD who just retired not to long ago and they all witnessed this, from what i get.)

Ill know more info about what he actually did when he was on scene "trying to help" later but I just though this was funny.

Last edited:
I take it Carl is no longer chief. Did they ever correct their radio system to match what's shown on their license? They did have their repeater output on 150.775 and the input on 158.775; which is the reverse of what is shown on WQCC996, FB2 is their repeater output.

kiferh0

carl is still the chief. I think they reversed it so that they would have better repeater coverage. im just assuming

SLWilson

Hose....

Our department had finally started using that large diameter hose now. Most "car's" can't GET over it when it is charged! They get hung up on it.

We used to have crazies run over the 2 & a half inch hoses (and get arrested) all the time!

I suppose if their nut case was in an F250 though, he had no problem running over whatever hoses they had laid out....Takes all kinds. And, if there weren't situations like this, what would we talk about?????? :D :D :D

Book him & throw away the key! ;)

Steve/KB8FAR

kiferh0 said:
carl is still the chief. I think they reversed it so that they would have better repeater coverage. im just assuming

They really need to contact their frequency coordinnator and have it changed; would be a shame for them to get caught by the FCC.

kiferh0

It reminds me of the old show, "In Living Color" when Jim Carrey would play the part of the fire marshal.

"It's Ok... Im a fire marshal!"

You'd be surprised how many random people in Rogers Co have rud or blue or both lights. Sperry 80 got a guy with a blue lightbar the other day!

His excuse.. "Im using it for the amber flashers."

it was a nice size fire though. As You can see I live less than a mile from it and it startled the hell out of me when I was out back and looked up and saw 20 ft flames. To say the least.. my butthole puckered.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I would start having suspicions about the guy's firefighting status the moment he ran over fire hose.

The reason they make fire departments is because every now and then ordinarily smart people do something extraordinarily dumb.

rush2112ok

I was the first Engine on Scene (E-2). We had heavy fire show on the B side of the roof, in a 2 sty single family dwelling. By the time we had the first line in the door (like within couple of minutes) the wind had already pushed the fire across the attic and was venting from the D side. We were able to make an interior attack, but the roof structure was starting to fail. So, we had to go defense for a bit. Ladder 1 was set up for defense ops. We resumed interior attack once the bulk of the fire was knockdown.

All I can tell you about the person that was arrested by RCSO is that he was not an Owasso Firefighter. He did run over (2) 1 -3/4" and (1) 3" Supply line.

Yes, Carl Smith is still the Chief and was on Scene.

Yes, We swapped our Frequency when we upgrade our repeater and moved across the street to same site Pafford EMS is located.

kifer0, Were looking North or South?

kiferh0

LOl Ed Do you even know who this is?

We only went to school together all our lives. Take a guess.. =]

I was lookin South.. I live on 114th behind Station 2.

kiferh0

The sad part of this is.. That was Shanon Martin's house, Ed. We went to school with her if you'll remember..

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can you say "Water Hammer" lol

Like to use one on his head, damn wanntabee.

Jim
No blue/red lights on vehicle...

Status
Not open for further replies.