BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Firmware won't update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete7919

I have a 436HP that is on Firmware 1.10.02. I'm trying to update the firmware and it won't take.

I've tried through Sentinel. I have the latest version 1.07.05. It finds the scanner through USB mass storage and appears to be loading the latest firmware. When instructed to unmount and power cycle the scanner just reboots and does not update. I can then connect it back to Sentinel and it will do the same cycle without ever updating the firmware.

I tried manually updating by placing various firmware BIN files directly into the Firmware folder of the scanner (via USB - Haven't tried writing using a MicroUSB reader because I don't have one where I am currently). I tried with the latest firmware 1.11.20 as well as a newer beta firmware 1.11.31 that I found and an older version 1.11.07. I place into the folder and reboot and when I check it hasn't updated and the file is gone. It is replaced in the folder with Ziptable and CityTable files but nothing else.

Anyone know how to get it to update? Thanks in advance.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Are you using fully charged batteries? I've read somewhere that weak battery voltage may be a barrier to firmware upgrade. (Worst possible time to have a problem).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Also, make sure that you are copying the correct firmware file to the firmware folder. The file posted for the 1_11.31 version is a zipped file containing the actual 8.bin files for both the 436HP & 536HP.

Copy only the 436HP file, BCD436HP_1_11_31.bin to the memory card's Firmware folder when in mass storage mode. Then when you unmount the 436HP from the pc and unplug the cable, it should then reboot and perform the firmware update. Sentinel only will update the scanner to the last "public" release, V 1_11_20.bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.