• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone First look Anytone BT-01 Bluetooth Microphone

ve2ri

Banned
Anytone BT-01 Mobile Bluetooth Speaker Mic for AT-D578UV Models with Bluetooth
The Bluetooth mobile speaker mic acts like a wireless remote mount, giving you full control and functionality of your mobile radio in the palm of your hand. With a large 2.2 inch display, the Bluetooth mic has a larger display than the AT-D578UV series mobile. Built in front fire speaker for clear audio. Up to 30ft of Bluetooth range

Attachments

• BT-01 17oct22-USA.jpg
    BT-01 17oct22-USA.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 110
  • BT-01_RRC-USA.jpg
    BT-01_RRC-USA.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Anytone BT01 Brochure 220916_PR-1_Page_1.jpg
    Anytone BT01 Brochure 220916_PR-1_Page_1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Anytone BT01 Brochure 220916_PR-1_Page_2.jpg
    Anytone BT01 Brochure 220916_PR-1_Page_2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 99

ve2ri

Banned
This is an Anytone Product for their radios only...
It may be possible, in the future, that others may offer similar technology.

R8000

Very Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
I like the idea. I wish other mfg's would get the hint.

W6VVM

The YouTube videos I’ve seen make it look very sluggish at controlling the radio. I see that it’s possible to wire it, but I’m unclear on whether that just powers the mic or switches away from Bluetooth altogether. Would be great if it could be wired and offer a more responsive UX.

pcunite

This is a very cool idea. I want to mount my radio as close to an antenna as possible, and then totally remote control it. Was looking at FlexRadio. They run over your PC, but having a handheld would be great too. Wonder what the Bluetooth range is?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
12-15 HOURS

I’ve been using the BT-01 since it first came out. While the battery life of the BT-01 seems sufficient, it’s a known fact a recharge will be necessary eventually so it probably should go without saying but keep the charge cord handy. My only wish pertains to where the charging port is located… on the side of the mic. I wish it was on the bottom instead. Because the mic does allow recharging while in use and the cord gets in the way. But it’s a minor inconvenience and doubtful that Anytone would relocate the charging port to the bottom of the mic so it acts like a corded mic while charging. Maybe an aftermarket mod will be explored in the future…

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I’ve only observed 3 minor inconveniences I’ve noticed with my BT-01. The charging port location which I commented on already is one. Another is the Bluetooth range could be a bit better. My experience shows a range of about 15-20 feet max and 10-15 feet reliable. The third item relates to the extensive menu, and the abbreviations used due to limited space on the display. While most all of my questions can be answered with the manual, there are some I still don’t understand. A cheat sheet or run card explaining them would be a nice addition, especially when traveling. Sure, I could pull over and consult the manual but even then, consulting a cheat sheet is faster. (I’ve started compiling one but it’s not all-inclusive as even the manual leaves me guessing what is meant.)

Navigating the menu can be a problem in some cases also… while searching for how to route the audio-to which speaker you want, you need to got to “Bluetooth” instead of “Settings”. I learned this by trial and error when I didn’t have the manual handy. Not complaining mind you, just looking at quicker ways to “learn” the radio and BT-01 mic.