First Student

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Has anyone found out the frequency for the new First Student Bus Company in Granby? They were using 151.715 when they were MJ Bus, but that frequency has been dead since the end of last school year.

scanningisfun

Has anyone found out the frequency for the new First Student Bus Company in Granby? They were using 151.715 when they were MJ Bus, but that frequency has been dead since the end of last school year.

It's because they changed the bus company. They haven't updated the WPOX312 license, but it will be a first student license anyway. When I did a license search under "First Student," East Granby, Glastonbury, and East Hartford came up. I'm going to ask the bus driver to key up tomorrow when I get to school, and use close call to find the frequency. I will search licenses with that frequency. They use 10 codes for communication, lol.

Jacob

scanningisfun

I have been wondering since the beginning of the year, also. All of the threads you post, I think about posting too lol.

Jacob

scanner404

Feed Provider
It's because they changed the bus company. They haven't updated the WPOX312 license, but it will be a first student license anyway. When I did a license search under "First Student," East Granby, Glastonbury, and East Hartford came up. I'm going to ask the bus driver to key up tomorrow when I get to school, and use close call to find the frequency. I will search licenses with that frequency. They use 10 codes for communication, lol.

Jacob

10 codes! that's a far cry from , "GRANBY BASE TO SPUNK!!!!"; but if you could find out, that would be awesome, idk if you heard or not, but we had a car vs bus today in town, so I was doing the license search thing also, but came up with nothing. I also tried the other bus company frequencies for First Student, but didn't hear squat.
Thanks again, 404

scanningisfun

10 codes! that's a far cry from , "GRANBY BASE TO SPUNK!!!!"; but if you could find out, that would be awesome, idk if you heard or not, but we had a car vs bus today in town, so I was doing the license search thing also, but came up with nothing. I also tried the other bus company frequencies for First Student, but didn't hear squat.
Thanks again, 404

Who bus are you on?

Jacob

scanningisfun

scannerman5555

Silent Key
they could be on a uhf or 800 trunking system too ! Look at the ant on the buses that will tell the freq range !

on Long Island N.Y. they use low band 33.00 ; uhf 451 - 465 and 800 freq's mostly on uhf this area !

Last edited:

scanningisfun

They are using XPR mobiles on the buses and the audio does sound to be TRBO. They are using either XPR4380's, or XPR4350's. We won't be able to monitor them unless we get something like DSD.

Jacob

APX7500X2

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WPOX312 - GRANBY PUBLIC SCHOOLS - Frequencies Summary

Try the above 451's. They might have moved to those. I'm still looking for Shelton first Student on 155.355, but never found it! LOL. They hide!

Shelton is on 155.295 and has been for years. First Student for now is easy to get if your in the area of the busses, All Star busses have been going MotoTrbo with alot of their stuff ( Newtown is the newest) so its not as easy to listen to them.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
They are using XPR mobiles on the buses and the audio does sound to be TRBO. They are using either XPR4380's, or XPR4350's. We won't be able to monitor them unless we get something like DSD.

Jacob

If you have a Hytera digital radio programmed properly then you can listen to Mototrbo digital.

scanner404

Feed Provider
Yeah I've been listening to that 856.5875 frequency for a while now and it sounds more like some sort of delivery company rather than First Student bus co. I can't seem to find any info on the name of that company, but I've definitely been hearing them say addresses here in the CT area. Haven't heard a single transmission from the 811.5875 freq. My guess is as good as yous as to what they are actually transmitting on. Probably a digital or trunked system based on those radio models you mentioned. I give up looking for now.

scanningisfun

Yeah I've been listening to that 856.5875 frequency for a while now and it sounds more like some sort of delivery company rather than First Student bus co. I can't seem to find any info on the name of that company, but I've definitely been hearing them say addresses here in the CT area. Haven't heard a single transmission from the 811.5875 freq. My guess is as good as yous as to what they are actually transmitting on. Probably a digital or trunked system based on those radio models you mentioned. I give up looking for now.

Hmm. I am able to pick up that 856.5875 frequency in other areas. All I heard was a lady taking a subway order from one of her coworkers. I will try again soon to find the frequency. We could call them 860-844-8204. :)
Jacob

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
that frequency is part of a trunked system. Motorola Type 2, analog. 811.5875 would be the input frequency for that channel. If you are hearing it on the input, good chance there is a radio fairly close.
I recorded it for the last 24 hours and heard no school bus traffic. Perhaps that was an unrelated nearby user or overload.

chris

scanningisfun

Well I have an answer after emailing First Student. This is the email I received. They are going to be on the WPOX312 license.

Hi Jacob,

Please see below regarding your question with First Student.

Thanks,

Kim

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 1:10 PM
To: Price, Kimberly
Subject: RE: Contact Us Inquiry from firststudentinc.com

Hi Kim,
We are using the Granby Department of Ed frequency, a PL code was put on the frequency which might be why they can't tune into the frequency, let me know if you have any questions, Thanks,

Ken Becker
Location Manager
First Student
535 Salmon Brook St., Granby, CT
Office (860) 844-8204
Fax (860) 844-8366

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.