Fpl

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped1

i have them programned into my pro 106 off this database but i never hear anything can someone explain what im doing wrong

sjlamb

FPL cannot be trunked because they are on a narrowband EDACS. You have to enter all the frequencies for your area as a regular FM channel. You will hear the EDACS beeping noise at the end of every transmission though.

I asked the same question http://forums.radioreference.com/florida-radio-discussion-forum/81407-fpl.html

I beg to differ. Don't know where the OP lives but.... I'm in the Sarasota / Manatee County area and FPL trunk tracks just fine here. Pefect reception.

Last edited:

zapped1

could someone explain to me step by step for i am scanner stupid. if i cant download it onto the scanner from the database and it has to be done manually a little help would be appreciated

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
i have them programned into my pro 106 off this database but i never hear anything can someone explain what im doing wrong

I went to my psr-500 and did this. I set up for EDACS Narrow for system than set up the freqs in order than I went and looked under expert below and found invert data and check yes on it to trunk and hear the transmission. I'm not sure on 106 is different or same.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed on the FPL system for my area it locks up on the CC or sticks have to keep hitting scan and not sure if that will happen on your end. I tried everything.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
I beg to differ. Don't know where the OP lives but.... I'm in the Sarasota / Manatee County area and FPL trunk tracks just fine here. Pefect reception.

Maybe it's different for the Unidens? (Based on your signature)

sjlamb

Maybe it's different for the Unidens? (Based on your signature)

I think the same result would be achieved by any scanner that is specified to receive narrowband EDACS systems; which includes, in addition to some Uniden models, a number of models from both GRE and Radio Shack.

For those who are not sure if their equipment can do narrowband EDACS systems, check the Wiki for specs on the specific scanner they are using to see if it includes narrowband EDACS coverage: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:Radio_Models

Last edited:

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Coincidently, I programmed FPL into my 396XT last night (not coming across this thread) using the St. Augustine and Palatka sites.

I heard brief transmissions on TGID 328 and TGID 353 today.

I'm sure I'm not picking up everything though.

OP, have your programmed in the sites closest to your area? Have you entered ALL the frequencies for that site in the correct LCN order?

When I first programmed an EDACS system, I only inputted the control channel which was incorrect. All freqs have to be entered in the right LCN order.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I am working on the St Aug tower I am not able to pick up both sides at all I might hear truck or dispatch I'm not sure why. I have 2 CC so far. I have my pro92 scan in fm mode and my 500 trunking. I am not able to pick up st johns good I think that is north of me out of range. I believe the LCN are not right. I am not sure how many CC there is on St Aug Site.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
No problem trunk tracking FPL here in Brevard Co. on the east coast with Uniden.

I have a question. I am having trouble keeping the TG holding. I hear a transmission than it drops and I hear both sides than it drops than I hear one side of the tx same thing with rx.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing FPL TG's up in St Aug that are from down south. I'm not sure if anyone down there can hear St Aug TG. I think I fixed the problem up here I do not get the CC stick like it use to.

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
I am hearing FPL TG's up in St Aug that are from down south. I'm not sure if anyone down there can hear St Aug TG. I think I fixed the problem up here I do not get the CC stick like it use to.
I plugged in the LCN order you sent me and could hear just fine too, thx.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; Sanyo; NetFront/3.5.1/AMB) Boost SCP6760)

Are you able to pick up more TG`s? I hear a few more than before. I am not sure if St Aug TG I have listed. Now i`ll try the st johns one see what i get. I updated the new order LCN for st aug tower to the data base.

Last edited:

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
I don't have my scanner with me but I quick-saved probably 4 or 5 additional talkgroups last night. A few were wierd with like a 3-digit number on the left end of my display and a 5-digit number on the right side, at the same time. Don't know what that's about.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; Sanyo; NetFront/3.5.1/AMB) Boost SCP6760)

Brewkelyn said:
I don't have my scanner with me but I quick-saved probably 4 or 5 additional talkgroups last night. A few were wierd with like a 3-digit number on the left end of my display and a 5-digit number on the right side, at the same time. Don't know what that's about.

The 5 digit number might be radio id. I have the psr-500. When you see the 5 digit again see what it says. On the TG for daytona meter c/d radio id came up 11000 for dispatch and11049 for truck sounds like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.