FREE VHF & UHF G BAND SEARCH FILES for GRE PSR-600/500 & PRO197/106

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyC

Thanks for making the file and correcting it.

I found another mistake at Object 00129 which should be 163.775.

SOFA_KING

Thanks for making the file and correcting it.

I found another mistake at Object 00129 which should be 163.775.

Oh crap! :Red face:

Sorry about that...I'll fix it...and wait for more bugs to be found before another re-do.

Thanks!

Phil :cool:

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

I have not taken advantage of these files yet, but I do want to thank you for the work that you have put into them.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Phil,
Any chance you can post the info as a .csv file?
I can help convert it to a bunch of different scanner software
formats if I have the info in a .csv file.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Steve

If this works there should be a Zip file with all 3 of SOFA_KING's G-Band files (01-18-09 versions) for PSREdit500. I caught a break and had some time to load the files into my 106 and then load them into PSREdit500. If it flubs I will try again.

Attachments

• G-Band Searches.ZIP
    15.5 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

SOFA_KING

Corrections

Sorry I have been busy. I made the correction JoeyC pointed out. I also saved all the files as ".bin", then I saw the latest posts. Does anyone need the bin files? Plus I have corrected P500 files. Does anyone want the corrected P500 files?

To Dave...Your welcome Dave. Now go get some NACs! :D

Would anyone benefit from these files if their scanner did not do NAC searching? How would this work on a different scanner? :confused:

I guess if you wanted to scan the freqs and lockout the knowns it would be somewhat useful. I guess...?

Well, go for it!

SCPD

QRT
Great job! These files will come in very handy for me. I had thought of doing this but there are so many things on my plate right now that I could not imagine when I would have gotten to it. Kudos to you for sharing your work with us.

SOFA_KING

Corrected and Updated 1/21/09

Great job! These files will come in very handy for me. I had thought of doing this but there are so many things on my plate right now that I could not imagine when I would have gotten to it. Kudos to you for sharing your work with us.

No problem...Glad to share. Just note the correction JoeyC pointed out (163.7750) or download the latest files. This freq is used in my area too! Sorry about that. :doh: Posted below are the latest versions.

I use the combined VHF/UHF file the most. I made a version I call "Active" where I keep moving discovered P25 hits to list 20. I also put hot freqs in the Favorite list and unknowns in the Sky Warn list. Then I update and save it so I only search for new P25 hits. Last night I had a minor band opening to the south and Win500 recorded (file report with audio clips) 3 new P25 hits. All were known Park Service freqs that used to be analog. NAC 555 output and NAC 4A4 + NAC555 on the input. This scanner/software combo is killer!

Here are the latest corrected files (no change to the UHF file):

Attachments

• N2HUC_G-BAND_VHF_P25_SEARCH_012109.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 775
  • N2HUC_G-BAND_VHF_UHFshort_P25_SEARCH_012109.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 621
  • N2HUC_G-BAND_UHF_P25_SEARCH_011809.zip
    5 KB · Views: 630

Wayne

Premium Subscriber
If this works there should be a Zip file with all 3 of SOFA_KING's G-Band files (01-18-09 versions) for PSREdit500....

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe PSRedit500 software does not (currently) have the logging functionality that Win500 has. That's not to say these files won't work with other brands of scanner control software however.

Wayne

SOFA_KING

Phil
Keep up the great work and thanks for the updated files. :D

Thanks & roger that~

Just a side note...The FM interference issue was really getting in the way of my VHF monitoring. The S meter was always showing the interference, so out of desperation I decided to try an old RS FM Trap I had lying around. It has been a couple of weeks now since I have had it in line and it works great. No S meter indication any more. Even at ground zero of my local FM transmitter I get no front end desense. An almost useless scanner in the medium to high RF areas has become 100% useful. No more desense! There is a guy on evilBay selling them real cheap that includes shipping. I got two more. The F to BNC adaptors will cost more than the filters! I see no insertion loss problems either. The scanner is hearing distant stations with ease, so go get 'em while you can. RS is no longer selling them and you can't beat that deal. ;)

:cool:

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

Bin Files

I had a request for BIN files created from from my Win500 files. I do not know how they will work, so give em a try.

Attachments

• N2HUC_G-BAND_VHF_P25_SEARCH_012109_bin.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 191
  • N2HUC_G-BAND_VHF_UHFshort_P25_SEARCH_012109_bin.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 163
  • N2HUC_G-BAND_UHF_P25_SEARCH_011809_bin.zip
    5 KB · Views: 170

SOFA_KING

What is a .bin file?

Binary?

I'm not sure. Win500 gives me a utiliy to "export" my P500 file to Bin format. I think this is a format another program uses. I had a request, so I posted them after exporting. Win500 users are good to go with the P500 files.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Phil,
Any chance you can post the info as a .csv file?
I can help convert it to a bunch of different scanner software
formats if I have the info in a .csv file.
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Again I ask any way that the files can be converted to .csv?
Then I can help convert them to other formats.
Marshall KE4ZNR

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Convert to CSV

PSR500Edit will let you save it as a text file. I'm sure Win500 and ARC500 will too. All three have a 30 day demo program you can download and experiment with. Save the bin file as a text and import the text into Excel.

Win 500 uses win500 and or bin files (Binary) and PSREdit uses bin.

Again I ask any way that the files can be converted to .csv?
Then I can help convert them to other formats.
Marshall KE4ZNR

jeffkett

Kudos to Phil...

Phil ..thanks for the work on the".bin" files . I am still getting used to the PRO-197 and the PSREdit500 program. Looks like alot of time went into the conversion and it is greatly appreciated.
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.