FREE VHF & UHF G BAND SEARCH FILES for GRE PSR-600/500 & PRO197/106

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1JHU

Steve,

It is the scanner doing that. I caught it in the act. I have a fairly good band opening right now from Orlando south and even west and have been watching the activity. I watched a USSS hit of NAC001 get carried over to a newly confirmed USPS PI freq (in Orlando...406.3375). The Orlando USPS signal was weak, but after the false NAC001 it did finally report the correct NAC482. So I think we now know it is the scanner and not the software.

Phil :cool:

I have noticed the same thing. Weak signals sometimes show the previously decoded NAC. It's a little frustrating when you're trying to find unlisted freqs and NACs.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Sofa_king

Thanks for making these, I haven't tried them out hear in San Antonio yet- but will pass on my results.

I noticed one SNAFU (and most likely it is on my end), but after I make changes to your files and go to rename them, they are being saved as a "File" rather than a "P500," so when trying to load them later win500 won't recognize them. I can avoid it by not renaming them. Again, it is definitely something on my end...

Thanks again for these.

SOFA_KING

Thanks for making these, I haven't tried them out hear in San Antonio yet- but will pass on my results.

I noticed one SNAFU (and most likely it is on my end), but after I make changes to your files and go to rename them, they are being saved as a "File" rather than a "P500," so when trying to load them later win500 won't recognize them. I can avoid it by not renaming them. Again, it is definitely something on my end...

Thanks again for these.

Use the "File" dropdown menu and choose "Save As" Then at the bottom of the file box under "Save as type:" choose the dropdown for "P500 Files (*.P500)". It is easy.

SOFA_KING

I have noticed the same thing. Weak signals sometimes show the previously decoded NAC. It's a little frustrating when you're trying to find unlisted freqs and NACs.

It is frustrating during weak signal conditions, but I never trust any test equipment unless I double check everything...not that this is test equipment, but the rule stands. :D At least it clears up as soon as you get a strong enough signal.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Me thrice. I've always wondered if it was the scanner or the software.....now I know!

Maybe Don needs a pointer to this thread.

SOFA_KING

BUMP: For those who may not have seen this...

No problem...Glad to share. Just note the correction JoeyC pointed out (163.7750) or download the latest files. This freq is used in my area too! Sorry about that. :doh: Posted below are the latest versions.

I use the combined VHF/UHF file the most. I made a version I call "Active" where I keep moving discovered P25 hits to list 20. I also put hot freqs in the Favorite list and unknowns in the Sky Warn list. Then I update and save it so I only search for new P25 hits. Last night I had a minor band opening to the south and Win500 recorded (file report with audio clips) 3 new P25 hits. All were known Park Service freqs that used to be analog. NAC 555 output and NAC 4A4 + NAC555 on the input. This scanner/software combo is killer!

Here are the latest corrected files (no change to the UHF file):

I am bumping this for people who are new and may not have seen this. You can download the files direct from post #28. The files did not copy over with the quote (I tried) so jut go to page 2 post #28.

The combined VHF/UHF file is not worth loading since the UHF band is using 12.5 kHz channel spacing (not just 25 kHz). I no longer use it. The other two files are complete and work fine.

Enjoy!

rvictor

Not intending to take anything away from the OP's efforts in creating these files, but would like to point out that with respect to scanners that work with BCTool or the ARC246 software (and probably others), one can use Excel to easily create the list of frequencies without having to type them all in. Don't know if this will work with the software that supports the GRE/Radio Shack scanners or not.

-Open a blank spreadsheet
-Enter the beginning frequency at the top of the first column.
-Enter the formula A1 + .0125 (or whatever step you want) in the cell below the first cell.
-Copy that formula down the column as far as you want which you can do in one operation. This will give you the list of frequencies.
-Copy that column to the column to the right. That gives you the channel names.
-Format both columns to display 4 decimal places
-Save the spreadsheet in csv format.
-Import the csv file into BCTool or your ARC program.

You can also import this data into Proscan by copying the two columns from Excel to the clipboard and using the import from clipboard function in Proscan.

You'll have to add the various attributes such as designating the channel as digital, opting to search for the NAC, etc., as appropriate for your software and scanner, but that should be the easy part since the entire column can have the same setting.

I've attached sample csvs in a zipped file for 162-174 and 406-419.

Dick

Attachments

• csvs.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Cephas

Help!

Loaded this to a new PRO 106 (I am new at this) via WIN 500. Seemed to go fine. Hit scan.

Screen says:

Scanning
1234567890 PRI
123456789-
415 P25 SCAN

Nothing else is happening...is this working?

Thanks

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Nothing else is happening...is this working?
If it's scanning then yes. You may not have anything in range that you can receive in P25 mode. That's the point of these configs is to scan strictly for P25 transmissions.

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

Thanks, Wayne.

I posted a detailed answer on his thread.

REMINDER: The latest version of my files are on post #28. These are error free.

SOFA_KING

i clicked the link and it opened the same message that you typed, not the file. i would be interested in having it

thanks

You are right. It is pointing to the same thread. But as I said before, page 2 post #28 has the files at the bottom. I do not use the "VHF UHF Short" file any more since the UHF "Short" was at 25 kHz channel steps to try and make both fit into one file. 12.5 kHz steps are in wide use now. Just grab the first and third file. You should be good to go.

Happy hunting!

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
The link still works fine with FireFox.

When you click on the link. Let the page load all the way. So the browser can adjust the page to the correct area of the page aka (#post987526).

Status
Not open for further replies.