FreeSCAN 0.9K Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

I run FreeScan in a virtual window on my Imac, the newest version L now wants to look for Com1 where before this version it always worked well using com5 as com1 is not available to me. Why the change?

cpuerror

It did the same com1 thing on my Laptop PC under Windows XP

Thats very strange. The new version does make more stringent checks that the COM port exists before attempting to access it but this shouldn't affect anything and no settings are changed. Perhaps it is just something that is turning up in XP. About 80% of the testing I do is on Win7.

Highpockets

I've noticed some wierd stuff updating it as well, and already filed a report. I would remove FreeScan and reinstall - that's what I did, and it worked. When I tried to run the installer and use my usual shortcut, it didn't work.

For some reason the .9L installer wipes out the K version without rewriting L. I don't know why 73 Mike

Same thing happened to me, I also did a reinstall and everything is working fine now.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Same thing happened to me, I also did a reinstall and everything is working fine now.

Happened to me also, but now I make a new folder for each version so it will write the new version in a new folder. If it see's an existing program in the folder, I think it deletes the old but never rewrites the new until you select "repair" on the next install attempt. But if you pick a new folder when you install the new version it will write the whole program as if you never installed an older version.
Bob

Highpockets

Happened to me also, but now I make a new folder for each version so it will write the new version in a new folder. If it see's an existing program in the folder, I think it deletes the old but never rewrites the new until you select "repair" on the next install attempt. But if you pick a new folder when you install the new version it will write the whole program as if you never installed an older version.
Bob

Very good quick fix, but, I'm sure Assaf will fix this in the next release, this is the first time this has happened to me, usually I install the new version and away I go. :)

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Just a thought...

How about an undo button and or maybe an auto save? Have the program auto save all of your updates that you are making about every 10 or 15 minutes. And an undo button would be sweet as I have deleted whole systems with just a click of a button and then thought "oh no what the hell did I just do" and that seems to happen after I just worked on a system for the past hour without thinking about saving somewhere along the way. This becomes a real pain in the butt since most of my time is spent on the road and I just do a quick save then come home to find out what I was hearing along the way. Once it is deleted it's gone! Just my little old 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.