freescan help

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve352

I just downloaded freesccan and I am waiting for the cable but figured I could get a start on programing. Question is when you program a trunked p25 for 800 whre do you put the dec numbers I did not see a place.

steve352

If you're referring to NAC, Pretty sure it's here
View attachment 112747
DEC ....
Marion County Fire/Rescue Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
1113 459 DEMCFR AllCallFire All-Call

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Notice the DE in the mode? This means this tg is encrypted full time. No scanner can decode it

Mike

steve352

Notice the DE in the mode? This means this tg is encrypted full time. No scanner can decode it

Mike
Yes I know that looking for the D

110344fDMCFR PrimaryFire Primary Fire Dispatch
1104450DMCFR Scene 1Fire Scene 1 Fire-Tac
1105451DMCFR Scene 2Fire Scene 2 Fire-Tac
1106452DMCFR Scene 3Fire Scene 3 Fire-Tac

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes I know that looking for the D

110344fDMCFR PrimaryFire PrimaryFire Dispatch
1104450DMCFR Scene 1Fire Scene 1Fire-Tac
1105451DMCFR Scene 2Fire Scene 2Fire-Tac
1106452DMCFR Scene 3Fire Scene 3Fire-Tac
ok so you are saying that talkgroup is the same as dec and hex. So is there a listing for that on freescan?

It sounds like you are trying to program talkgroups by just entering them directly.

You need to first create a trunked system in FreeSCAN, enter the site frequencies, then add the talkgruops (those DEC's you seem to reference) in groups for the system.

There is a User Guide for FreeSCAN in the Wiki:
FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Also read through: Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Note that FreeScan doesn't support either the 436HP, 536HP, SDS100 or SDS200 scanners (if one of these is the one you are trying to program). This is a very common mistake. For these scanners, you need to use Sentinel. I didn't see which scanner you are using?

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Note that FreeScan doesn't support either the 436HP, 536HP, SDS100 or SDS200 scanners (if one of these is the one you are trying to program). This is a very common mistake. For these scanners, you need to use Sentinel. I didn't see which scanner you are using?

Mike
Per the model tag on the thread, he's dealing with a 396XT

Reactions: wtp

tvengr

Well Known Member
Using FreeSCAN, click on NEW SYS. Make the System Type P25 Standard (Digital XT) and name it. Click on Create System. Click on (GRP) TGID Group 1. You can name the group and give it a quick key. Click on the green plus icon to add a talkgroup. The alpha tag goes into the Display column and the DEC number goes into the TGID column. Click on (P25S) Site 1. Give it a name and a system quick key. Make Site Type P25 Standard (Digital XT). Click on Trunk Frequencies to add frequencies for the site. You can click on NEW SITE and NEW GRP to add sites and groups as needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.