Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

burchill

Premium Subscriber
What frequenci is a trucked system I'm pick up Alaint trunked system TSYS and wondering freq. it there's am there's fm and VHF what's the trunk system a fm reception, not sure if I wordered this correctly forgive the newbies ignorance

scannerboy01

To monitor the Aliant Trunked System, you need to enter the control channels for the Halifax area. The second thing that you have to do is enter the numbers for the talk group in the Dec or Hex format. Regarding your question about AM of FM, there is no way to select AM or FM because all that information is provided to your scanner when you choose what type of system you are monitoring.

burchill

Premium Subscriber
I think a bit of a misunderstanding i am wanting to know what reception I'm receiving it's not fm its not am is a trunk system VHF frequency is a au u frequencie I want to know not for progr but want get a better am/fm anttena covering all frequencies but how will it effect whatever type frequencie a trunk system covers is the reception a am a fm VHF UHF ?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
You did not specify which of the 4 systems Aliant runs that you are talking about. But in any case they are all 800 MHz systems and all are FM. However, it makes no difference it it is AM or FM, the antenna is the same as it is based on the frequency. Any antenna designed for the 800 MHz spectrum will work just fine.

scannerboy01

The standard rubber duck antennas that come with your scanner will work just fine with 800 MHz frequencies, but you can get antennas such as specialized 800MHz rubber duck antennas or base or mobile antennas that can cover 800 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.