frequency types

Status
Not open for further replies.

kss88

i entered all my local police/fire/ems frequencies and hit scan but nothing is being picked up.what am i doing wrong? thanks for any help.

N8IAA

i entered all my local police/fire/ems frequencies and hit scan but nothing is being picked up.what am i doing wrong? thanks for any help.

Did you enable the scan lists? Do you have any numbers, 1-10 on the display? If not, you'll need to press the number buttons to get it going.
HTH,
Larry

kss88

i think? everything is on the first scan list.the "1" shows up while scanning.i don't have a metal roof or walls so i don't know what the problem is.

N8IAA

Where and what are you scanning? Do you have trunking channels mixed with conventional? When you press MAN, are there frequencies programmed into memory? If so, use the up/down arrows to go through the scan list. Are all the frequencies in the scanner? Are they all entered correctly? Do you use software to program?
Larry

kss88

i do pgm*new*conv*freq*ent*save then scan.no trunked frequencies just conventional channels all stored on the default list one.just tried using it outside in case there was something in my house blocking a signal.no luck.if i delete all the frequencies can someone give me a step by step on programming this?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
What is the location that you are trying to program? There is a chance that they no longer use the conventional frequencies or are just do not talk very much.

kss88

What is the location that you are trying to program? There is a chance that they no longer use the conventional frequencies or are just do not talk very much.

i'm in blair county pa.they talk a lot lol.i pick everything up on my scanner app so i don't know what the issue is.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
What make and model of radio ? Blair is all conventional however it is a mixture of analog and digital

Status
Not open for further replies.