From today's Denver Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
BCJ2 said:
Hey guys I can pick up Douglas County on the 1033 all the way in Rocky Ford, Colorado I'm about 60 miles east of Pueblo so they must have good signal and I only use the antenna that comes with my PRO-2096 :)

Wow truly impressive now we all know why it's such a wonderful state of the art system, what donut shops do you have in your area and by any chance were they open when this reception occured.

More seriously what control channel were they affliating with, probably one of your local ones right?

Jim<

M

mpg0515

DTRS_Master said:
I assume that you are running the Win96 program - what radio ID is affiliated with the site on that talk group? I'm curious to see if it is close to the rest of the Douglas county IDs.

It is not just one, it is several. 8214,8215,8244,8260,8485 and the list goes on. They are not the same radio IDs everyday, so something is wrong as far as why their main disp TG is heard daily. They have been heard on Buckhorn from almost the start of DTRS, so I don't know if they need to "re-program" this site or what? Or maybe because they are one of the first users that this has been overlooked or something, I really couldn't tell you. This does bring up some concern though since there only six voice channels on Buckhorn, when you have almost all Weld agencies on there plus CSP, Fort Collins, PFA, Loveland etc. But what do I know, I am just a hobbyist, right?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
lostguy said:
Seems like anytime that i am in range with cheyenne mountain, 868.050 i recieve t/g 1033, and 1053, alot of CSP traffic and Cherry Creek Park rangers.

Yes indeed they affilate with Cheyenne Mtn frequently and of course it has a major coverage footprint.

Jim<

wozz

wozz said:
I haven't tried Greenwood, Glendale or Littleton, since my monitoring at home hasn't shown there to be much CSP traffic on them, as compared to the others mentioned.

A short follow-up on this regarding monitoring CSP downtown. Based on a few days worth of monitoring data using ARC396 (so not as accurate as something like Trunker) I see the following usage for the CSP talk groups from my home location near Sloan's Lake by downtown.

User,Site,Count
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Squaw Mtn/,1378
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Mt Thorodin/,1222
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Lookout Mtn/,1136
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Castle Rock/,984
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Smokey Hill/,837
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Riley Peak/,380
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS DRDC/,119
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Vail Patrol/,8
Colorado State Patrol,DTRS Greenwood V/,1

Greenwood Village only had 1 hit and Glendale and Littleton none. In any case, today was my last day downtown, so it will soon be moot. I'll be real close to Greenwood Village, so I'll have plenty of opportunity to get close up and personal with the sites usage.

Todd-NG

BCJ2 said:
Hey guys I can pick up Douglas County on the 1033 all the way in Rocky Ford, Colorado I'm about 60 miles east of Pueblo so they must have good signal and I only use the antenna that comes with my PRO-2096 :)

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a state prison located near Ordway which is about 15 miles north of Rocky Ford? There may have been a Douglas County unit doing a prisoner transport to that facility and their radio was affiliated with one of the local DTRS towers in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.