Frustrated - Programming SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott0691

First Post - I have searched for issues and solutions but haven't found anything that will fix my issue. I live in Rural NC specifically Columbus County and I volunteer at our Fire/Rescue specifically ADR Fire/Rescue. I have watched countless videos on creating a trunked and conventional favorites list that will work. So please bare with me. I have started a Favorites list starting under statewide North Carolina Viper and selected the P25 Trunked system Columbus County and saved this in my Favorites list. Then going to County listing which is conventional and appended the favorites list. I have removed those that I do not want to listen to and saved the list an uploaded the list to the scanner. In addition I have upgraded my scanner with the NXDN. I have changed the location setting to 0 on all entries. When my active911 went off on my phone and my Motorola Handheld the scanner was silent. I am actually very ready to pay someone...HELP!!!
Location Control is set to No and I have double checked my profile settings.

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
First Post - I have searched for issues and solutions but haven't found anything that will fix my issue. I live in Rural NC specifically Columbus County and I volunteer at our Fire/Rescue specifically ADR Fire/Rescue. I have watched countless videos on creating a trunked and conventional favorites list that will work. So please bare with me. I have started a Favorites list starting under statewide North Carolina Viper and selected the P25 Trunked system Columbus County and saved this in my Favorites list. Then going to County listing which is conventional and appended the favorites list. I have removed those that I do not want to listen to and saved the list an uploaded the list to the scanner. In addition I have upgraded my scanner with the NXDN. I have changed the location setting to 0 on all entries. When my active911 went off on my phone and my Motorola Handheld the scanner was silent. I am actually very ready to pay someone..
Location Control is set to No and I have double checked my profile settings.

Another thing to check is to make sure you have the applicable services selected

Scott0691

I have double checked that as well....Question...If I didn't have conventional frequencies listed just the trunked system TGID..I get nothing to scan. Is this correct..I am not sure how the trunked system works with the conventional systems

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Is Columbus County actually using viper? I know they have the standard talkgroups on the system every county has but I didn't think they were using them. I thought they were mostly conventional analog but I haven't been down that way in a while. Looking at the database it looks like they have a uhf nxdn system in place as well but it appears nothing new has been submitted to the database since 2018 on it. So I would have some doubts with its accuracy. If they are on viper you'll have to figure out what talkgroups are what since the database only has a few listed.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you want the Viper system, further down the list under county systems it lists a NXDN system for Columbus county that includes PD, FD and EMS. You should also make sure that whichever system you program you need to have the sites installed and turned on.

Randy_Vick

Premium Subscriber
Its possible your departments aren't using VIPER. Am I reading you correctly in that you've set up a system with the P25 trunked system including all its frequencies and your fire talkgroups AND you've set up a system with the conventional channels below?

Fire/EMS/Rescue
NextLevel.gif

FrequencyInput
LicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
158.82000156.01500 KWJ425BM123.0 PLCo. Fire,EmsCo. Fire,Ems & Res Disp.FMEMS Dispatch
154.43000 RM073 DPLColumbus EMSColumbus EMS DispatchFMNEMS Dispatch
155.13000 KWJ424M123.0 PLFiregroundCo. Fire FiregroundFMFire-Talk
155.34000 KNCG404BM123.0 PLColumbus Co.Columbus Co. HospitalFMHospital
154.43000 KNAI331BM162.2 PLA-D-R Fire-RA-D-R Fire-RescueFMFire-Tac
452.15000457.15000 WPAM200FA-D-R Fire-RA-D-R Fire-RescueFMFire-Tac

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you delete the sites from a trunked system, you won't be able to monitor it. Its one of the most common mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.