Funcube Pro+ - Problem with reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuWa

Hi!

I recently bought a Funcube Pro+ and I'm having a few issues.
I've tried every antenna I have, antennas that I KNOW have great reception - Specifically an antenna that covers the 400mhz band (to recieve DMR).
I used it on my handheld scanner and I could hear the DMR signal clear as day. When I connected It to my Funcube I didn't see any signal whatsoever.
Now I know my dongle Isn't broken because I can recieve POCSAG (and that's the ONLY thing I've been able to receive so far.).
Is the Funcube really sensitive to RF, could this be it? Why would antennas that have great reception on other devices not work at all on the FCB?

Thank you.

Andy3

I have the FCP+ and it's very sensitive and receives everything my other radios can. I'm afraid I can't go and look at the RF gain etc settings as it's not installed at the moment. I suppose you've checked any adaptor leads that may be faulty?

KuWa

I have the FCP+ and it's very sensitive and receives everything my other radios can. I'm afraid I can't go and look at the RF gain etc settings as it's not installed at the moment. I suppose you've checked any adaptor leads that may be faulty?

What I meant to say was, is the FCP+ really sensitive to lights and and such around you, or maybe It's my desktop computer that there's something wrong with. Excuse my english as I am french.
And no, no adaptor leads are faulty unfortunately, I wish! That's a bad thing to wish for but at least I'd know what was going on!

I can recieve FM radio stations but It's a REALLY , really weak signal. You can't even tell there's supposed to be a signal there in the waterfall, It's just static noise.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What software are you using? Since you are receiving something, I suspect a gain control or similar needs to be adjusted, but without knowing that, it's rather hard for someone to suggest a remedy...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.