Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

ffhfan

Premium Subscriber
Like ECPD279's example...

"PAUL 230 you need to make a run for the boarder - crowd dispersal at Taco Bell."

And

You know you live in Red-Neck county when you hear tones on the rual fire channel announcing a pancake breakfast this coming Saturday.

6D75

Several years ago while running as a paramedic West Chester (Butler Co.) Ohio, we got an early morning EMS call & the dispatcher (who had been around a while) said: "GOOOOOD MORNING Medic 94 Squad 92!!, this is you 5:55 wake up call and while you're awake, respond to.............." The whole crew got a kick out of it!!

K8IG

mlevin

Re: Not funny but...

tglendye said:
... It's gotta be the best damn news I've heard in a long time:D

This morning, driving down interstate at about 6:00 AM, I heard Va. State Police dispatcher call an area sergeant, "Culpeper to 2xx", trooper: "2xx go ahead", Dispatcher: "Do you have your FM on?" Trooper: "Negative:confused: "; Dispatcher: "They believe they have captured Saddam Hussein"; Trooper: "That's great news!"

I about drove off the rode!

Amen. Today is a great day for the world, and for my brothers and sisters living in Israel.

Lonesome54

Dog Gone great news to hear they got him.. But the rats that where visiting him sure where in Poor company..!!

Originally posted by tglendye
... It's gotta be the best damn news I've heard in a long tim

This morning, driving down interstate at about 6:00 AM, I heard Va. State Police dispatcher call an area sergeant, "Culpeper to 2xx", trooper: "2xx go ahead", Dispatcher: "Do you have your FM on?" Trooper: "Negative "; Dispatcher: "They believe they have captured Saddam Hussein"; Trooper: "That's great news!"

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Heard on the Nassau County EDCAS two weeks ago:

Unit: "Uhh...there is an organized snowball fight here...no PD required"
Dispatch: "Okay...hahahahahaha"

:D

AngelFire91

Database Admin
Heard just the other day. One of our county voulnteer fire departments.

Dispatch:
"Tri-Lakes Fire Standby for tones"
Tones "Beeeeeeeeeeepppppppp"
Dispatch:
"Tri-Lakes Fire, Medical, Tazo Chai Tea, a Hot chocolate, and a Mocha."
Tri-Lakes Fire:
"Tri-Lakes 2260 aknowledge, Will be enroute shortly."

From what I heard from some people that work there is they had there Brush Truck(2260) out getting food and the guys back at the station decided they wanted drinks so they called dispatch and had him toned out. I just didn't believe dispatcher would do that.

Back when I used to work for Summit EMS on Pikes Peak we got called out for a 9E1 Our designation for a Cardiac Arrest. Our Enroute update was this was a "5 year old Marmot that took a fall and is now not breathing with no pulse." When we arrived we of course showed up with everything out of the truck practically and we even put Flight on standby, Our SOP for a 9E1. When we got there we walked in come to find a stuffed Marmot on the ground with a bunch of employees around it. We went a head and worked it just for fun after we released Flight and went back in service of course. Apperently the Staff thought it would be fun to get us all excited for a 9E1 and then it be a Stuffed animal. But we used to do that kind of stuff up there something about lack of Oxygen???:confused:

Lonesome54

Crazy Calls

:D heard in Seattle long time ago 2 streakers on Alki beach
every cop in area was responding .. including the County ..
offcer calls back in .. guess he did not give her enuff she is chaseing him..:D

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
"Alpha xx, respond to XXXX (address), woman complaintant advises a raccoon broke into her screened in patio, got into a liquor bottle, drank some liquor, and is now drunk and causing a disturbance".

mlevin

Heard this one today.

Who's riding with you on the medic?

Kelly and Big Deli.

Don't know what it means or what it stands for, but I can only imagine:p

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Say WHAT?

heard at 2 am this morning: Jefferson 4, central on 911 chanell.
Central, go ahead 4. 10-4, got a 10-50, car versus deer, oh and its a J4. 10-4 Jefferson 4, that wouldn't be your vehicle would it?
10-4 central, notify MHP and Jefferson 1, and 4 &1/2. Tell her make room in the freezer. 10-4 Jefferson 4, calling M-36, Jefferson 1, and 4&1/2, by the way, save me a hind quarter.

Got to love living in the woods!

dynamitedjs

Funny radio stuff.....

Back when the city of Richmond was on 460.Mghz.....I remember the dispatcher saying ...."Radio to any K-9 Unit"...........there was about a 3 second pause when someone keyed up and barked like a dog.....

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
.I remember the dispatcher saying ...."Radio to any K-9 Unit"...........there was about a 3 second pause when someone keyed up and barked like a dog.....

That reminds me of a similar situation when my local police were still on their 460 system instead of their new 800 digital trunk. Dispatch was trying to get a K9 unit to take down a phone message. The officer/handler said the same thing every other unit on the street always said at that point: "Hang on while my partner gets a pen."

Stunned silence and then a whole lot of clicks. :)

--j.

runslow

Premium Subscriber
This goes back a couple of years (decades, actually) ... but some things you just don't forget. Heard this on the old VHF-HI Richmond VA system about 1962, or so, at about 3 am.

Dispatcher..... "Attention, downtown units. Several reports have been received of a large male stumbling down East Grace Street, approaching 7th Street. Subject is approximately 6 foot 5 inches .... weight is estimated to be in excess of 300 pounds. He appears to be intoxicated. Subject is also nude and is reported to be carrying an ax. Units responding, come in."

This was followed by quite a few mike clicks and then, absolute silence. Needless to say, several specific units were dispatched to investigate.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
First in Orlando when something funny happend or an officer messed up, everyone would key their speaker mike and scratch their fingernail accross it and you would hear scratch, scratch. One day I was walking through the radio room and the operator working NW patrol asked if I would relieve her for a second so she could run to bathroom. Just as I sat down, 236 called HQ and asked if where he was standing was in the city limits. I said HQ t o 236 I didn't see, depress your mike button and turn in a 360 circle so I can get a good look at where you are. Whole lot of scratching going on. A few minutes later the NW sgt. came into communications and asked the dispatch supervisor who the smart alec was working channel 2 a few minutes ago. She told him it was Commander Lineberry. He said, OH OK and left.

RADIOGUY2002

Units on Citywide #6

All 4700 units, Cubs Win, Cubs Win, Cubs Win, followed by stop this traffic before someone gets hurt. Followed by serveral radom key ups with cubs fans talking in the background.

One of many stories!!

RADIOGUY2002

Dispatching Agency

Plectron Codes followed by:
******* to 817 we have are very special guest for you tonight, 817 responding to White hen again for the special bus transport, followed by another local fire agency asking if it was a guy named goofy.

RADIOGUY2002

Local Pd

Attention all avaiable units responding to the lose dog call, the resident says the dog keep hurling itself over the fence. Followed by another agency unit saying we have a wild mustang lose on are hands, shortily after followed by the noise made by a horse.

mlevin

Heard today on the Baltimoe city Northwestern district.

Dispatch:KGA to 6C32, are you 10-8 or 10-7?
6C32:You want to know the truth?
Dispatch: Uh... that would be helpful.
6C32:Yeah I'm 10-8.

WhatsnOKC

Premium Subscriber
Inappropriate?

Heard in the OKC area several years back:
Female dispatcher: "EMS 4 respond to XXXX Clear Springs Drive (pauses for laughter) on a man (laughs) bleeding from the _ _ _ _ _ (male organ). (laughs) Time out (laughs)" At this point she is laughing so hard she can't say the dispatch time and just clears off the radio for a few seconds and comes back.

Funny but I felt sorry for the victim.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Back in the 80's when I worked EMS, I made the mistake of flipping the radio over to VOICE instead of PTT to give my patient report to the hospital. We had picked up a 21 y/o female who had been doing som pretty good drugs. It went like this:

Gwinnett 55 to Button Gwinnett Hospital.

This is Gwinnett, go ahead 55.

We are enroute to your facility with an approximately 21 year old, no, sit back down. No, no, put your shirt back on. Yes they look nice, but you have to put your clothes back on. No, I don't want to have sex with you right now. Would you please sit back down. Oh ****! (I realized that all of this was going out over Med 3 and turned the radio off of VOICE to PTT).

The entire ER staff of the hospital and 2 other EMS crews were at the entrance to welcome us! And they replayed the tape for me. I was just a bit embarassed!