• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G-Series Trunking Free Scan Beta Test II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Yes. It would be precisely the same thing. However the actual reception on the Unication is far superior in my experience.
I concur! I have a G5 and the reception and the way it handles simulcast issues is better than the SDS IMO.

floridafuzz

Just received the email at 9:39PM EST.
【Software Release】Unication Trunking Free Scan Close Beta Test Software Release (V1.40-T02J)
Not going to attempt the installation tonight, probably tomorrow.
Will update after I install the update.

blackbelter

With 1.3 FW, G5 Reception is far more superior to my SDS 200 and 436 scanners. Unication built, quality, sensitivity and sounds are truly professional .The opportunity to have 5 years of warranty backed by customer care team are more reasons that I almost always reach for my G5.

tkowalik

Banned
Got the email.... but I’m going to wait until others upgrade just to make sure there’s no major glitches since you can’t roll back to 1.3. 1.3 is working like a dream for me so I’m not in a big hurry.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I got my upgrade Saturday and so far I have not had any issues really I have had a glitch with the PPS where if you go into the sub group feature under a channel knob it will bring up a prompt to file a crash report, but the PPS never exits

PapaG

WB4IAR
Premium Subscriber
I was able to load the PPS for 1.4 but I don’t understand how to load firmware into pager. Will someone post detailed instructions on how to load firmware.
Thank You

N9JOD

Premium Subscriber
I just finished the upgrade process and will spend some time this morning doing some programming.

Ed6698

I got my upgrade Saturday and so far I have not had any issues really I have had a glitch with the PPS where if you go into the sub group feature under a channel knob it will bring up a prompt to file a crash report, but the PPS never exits
I was able to get the same error also, I pressed the error submit button, hopefully they get it.

Hit_Factor

I was able to load the PPS for 1.4 but I don’t understand how to load firmware into pager. Will someone post detailed instructions on how to load firmware.
Thank You
Search up the instructions for 1.3 firmware update, it should be very easy to find (probably just browse to the 1.3 thread). Directions for firmware are on page 7 of the PDF emailed to you. Didn't you read that before trudging ahead?

If installing the firmware is a challenge for you, running beta software might prove to be a problem too. Evaluate how a failure of your pager might affect you and your monitoring needs before you try the update.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I sent a log to Jack yesterday with the same issue and also the issue of having to save the home screen if you have a customized one

N9JOD

Premium Subscriber
I am missing radio traffic big time after the upgrade. Unit calls into dispatch, dispatch answers, then unit passes traffic( I don't hear it), dispatch acknowledges ( I hear this). Anyone else having this issue, or is it me? I am monitor STARCOM21. I did not notice this issue before the upgrade. I'm not sure of anything in the programming I could change to correct this. Anyone else having this issue?

Hit_Factor

I am missing radio traffic big time after the upgrade. Unit calls into dispatch, dispatch answers, then unit passes traffic( I don't hear it), dispatch acknowledges ( I hear this). Anyone else having this issue, or is it me? I am monitor STARCOM21. I did not notice this issue before the upgrade. I'm not sure of anything in the programming I could change to correct this. Anyone else having this issue?
Can you export your profile and upload it here or to a file sharing site? Maybe someone can then look over your shoulder.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Got the email.... but I’m going to wait until others upgrade just to make sure there’s no major glitches since you can’t roll back to 1.3. 1.3 is working like a dream for me so I’m not in a big hurry.
I agree 100%. 1.3 is working very well for me. In 1.4 the delay in scanning multiple sites on the same knob position is a put off. In my case the system has two sites but the dispatch talk groups are transmitted on both sites, only the TAC talk groups are unique to each site. If I am interested in a call dispatched for the other site it is just a matter of going to the next knob position for the TAC talk groups.

N9JOD

Premium Subscriber
Can you export your profile and upload it here or to a file sharing site? Maybe someone can then look over your shoulder.
I believe the cause may be site related. If I hit a dead end I may do just that. Thank you.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Using V1.4-T02J, the TG Block/Remove does not appear to be working when on PTGL or User Define Scan List modes. It does work fine on a regular Trunking TG-Scan knob.

box23

Well that's interesting. AES256 bit encryption too?

With the public v1.3 firmware the G-series can be keyloaded with AES, DES, and ARC4 keys. It is also multi-key capable. Previous firmware versions also had encryption capability, but I believe it was limited to a single AES key.

if you have the access to the key yes they will do it, I'm pretty sure the key loader is restricted

The keyload software is not really restricted that I am aware of other than not being publicly downloadable on Unication's website. As others have said, contact your dealer.

I am not a beta tester so I cannot comment on the capability in the v1.4 firmware, but a friend of mine who participated in the first beta reports the updated keyload software does not recognize his G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.