• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G-Series Trunking Free Scan Beta Test II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
These are the reasons I will continue to hold off upgrading to 1.4 . Currently, The 1.3 works great and ability to scan multiple sites is not a major factor for me until all the 1.4 issues have been addressed.
I'm using V1.4 now but when I don't want to play with the "new" features, I go back to one of my old zones that still work just like in V1.3. And I get a few extra features like TG Alias showing when on TG Hold.

firemun

Feed Provider
OK, I give up. I have messed with this thing all afternoon and I cannot get user defined scan list to load. I can get free scan across a band to work but I cannot get the user scan lists to program. I did not have the previous version of the beta software...am I missing some important programming info from the previous version. I have followed the poorly written instructions the best I can but no luck. Any advice is appreciated.

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
OK, I give up. I have messed with this thing all afternoon and I cannot get user defined scan list to load. I can get free scan across a band to work but I cannot get the user scan lists to program. I did not have the previous version of the beta software...am I missing some important programming info from the previous version. I have followed the poorly written instructions the best I can but no luck. Any advice is appreciated.
Are you a member of the Unication Beta Test Facebook group? If so, there are some user-created manuals posted there. If not, let me know, and I will forward one to you for the User-Defined Scan.

firemun

Feed Provider
Are you a member of the Unication Beta Test Facebook group? If so, there are some user-created manuals posted there. If not, let me know, and I will forward one to you for the User-Defined Scan.
No, I dropped off Facebook during election season a few years ago a enjoyed it so much I didn’t go back. If you could send one that would great! Thank you!

firemun

Feed Provider
I found some guides in this thread...taking a look at those now

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
No, I dropped off Facebook during election season a few years ago a enjoyed it so much I didn’t go back. If you could send one that would great! Thank you!
Those might have been for the old firmware. Here you go!

Attachments

• Step-by-Step Guide for User Defined Scan List.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 68

kikito

Premium Subscriber
So here's a few of the anomalies I've found using V1.40-T02J, especially in PTGL and UDSL modes. I know some of them have been brought up by others already:

• Radio IDs not displaying correctly. Many times it only displays “P25T”. Other times the RIDs are swapped/lagging from the previous user that talked. And fewer times the numbers are completely random.
  • Sometimes after Blocking a TG, the audio amp/speaker seems to stay active and you hear the loud hissing from the speaker until another transmission takes place and ends, which could take a while depending on system activity and possibly drain the battery faster the more often it happens.
  • And due to the previous issue above, a more annoying thing happens in systems with considerable amount of encrypted TGs. During the time the speaker hiss/noise is active, there’s very loud, short squeals and burps from encrypted TGs in the background that seem to get through due to the speaker not being muted. (Yes, I have Receiving Encrypted disabled. This only happens on any of the Trunking Free Scan modes).
  • RFSS/Site ID numbers. I have the pager set to display in Decimal but still get the “0x” preceding the Decimal numbers as if they were Hex. Would be nice to get rid of the “0x” altogether or better yet, just show the Site Name/Alias
  • Block feature. At first I thought the Block function wasn’t working because I would block a TG and it’ll go right back to it. But what it seems to be happening is that it’ll keep going back to it and monitoring it until the conversation is over and then finally you won’t hear it again and effectively appears Blocked thereafter.
  • If you press TG Hold while the Delay timer is going, at the end it stays displaying “TG Delay: 0” (Minor cosmetic issue, I know.)
  • When alternatively using the Playback Key as the Block/Remove button, it shouldn’t allow to call up the recordings anymore when you press it, especially with no active TGs. It seems to cause other random weird behavior many times.
  • When on PTGL mode, scanning multiple sites of the same system and if you switch knob position while on Site Hold, it’ll continue showing the blinking green Site Hold banner no matter what you do, switching to other knobs, switching zone, turn pager off/on. You can only get rid of it by going back into PTGL mode and then it clears.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Radio IDs not displaying correctly. Many times it only displays “P25T”. Other times the RIDs are swapped/lagging from the previous user that talked. And fewer times the numbers are completely random.
I've experienced the same issues with the recently released V1.3. I've been diligently trying to assign aliases to RIDs over the past couple of weeks. I've only been focusing on my local town PD and County Sheriff (I'd have gone insane doing this for all systems I monitor!). Without knowing exactly how the radio numbering systems work for either, it seems like they use a random numbers generator to create the IDs. Maybe someone with greater knowledge on this subject can chime in. Aside from this, I also experience the lag in the display of the IDs. Although I can't say if I also experienced this in V1.2 because I wasn't paying any attention then.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I've experienced the same issues with the recently released V1.3. I've been diligently trying to assign aliases to RIDs over the past couple of weeks. I've only been focusing on my local town PD and County Sheriff (I'd have gone insane doing this for all systems I monitor!). Without knowing exactly how the radio numbering systems work for either, it seems like they use a random numbers generator to create the IDs. Maybe someone with greater knowledge on this subject can chime in. Aside from this, I also experience the lag in the display of the IDs. Although I can't say if I also experienced this in V1.2 because I wasn't paying any attention then.
the unit id numbering system really depends on who set the system up, and how large the system is, on my home system you can very specifically discriminate say agencies from each other, and consoles from Mobiles/Portables, then we throw in are the radios permanently issued to the unit or are they issued at the start of the shift, RID's are nice but the information may not be the same day to day

bob550

Premium Subscriber
the unit id numbering system really depends on who set the system up, and how large the system is, on my home system you can very specifically discriminate say agencies from each other, and consoles from Mobiles/Portables, then we throw in are the radios permanently issued to the unit or are they issued at the start of the shift, RID's are nice but the information may not be the same day to day
Because of the inconsistencies, it may only be feasible to log aliases for dispatchers and ignore the field units.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Honestly its a system by system basis. On one system I can log and assign most if not all all the UID's for PD Fire and EMS without change, but on another system I can only log Fire units and dispatchers since PD only uses portables and will switch every shift

mdsxfire

EDBM
i am just starting to play with the 1.4beta, i was focused on the 1.3 F/W for my agency pager and getting that working. Now that is woking i started programming some 1.4beta for my personal G5. My issue is every time i setup the D8 Trunking Free Scan tab and try to save i get a "please create home screen prompt" so i goto the home screen tab and save my current home screen to no avail, any ideas or anyone else have this issue

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Yes it has been reported to unification it’s a widely known issue you just have to go back to the home screen and save it each and every time before you exit are you lose your settings or take your customized home screen off and you don’t get the problem

tkowalik

Banned
I didn’t hear much negative feedback from the 1.4 release so I ended up trying it and now regretting it. Loaded with problems.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
I didn’t hear much negative feedback from the 1.4 release so I ended up trying it and now regretting it. Loaded with problems.
Despite what Unication says I've seen posts from several people that roll back to 1.3 with no apparent issues.

Prospect62

My original G2 using V1.2 did the same here in Oneida County, though only on TG's that are still linked to the analog system. "P25T" is all the pager would display with any transmission on these TG's. On my APX4000 this did not occur and the actual RID will display. Also noticed the aforementioned RID "lag" on the G2 which is not present on the APX4000. I chalked all this up to the G2 not being a registered unit on the system and just something we have to deal with. Not sure they'll ever be able to remedy the issue for a monitoring device not actually assigned to the system.

Also, just as an aside - here in Oneida County each digit in the RID does in fact have a meaning and corresponds to certain user data, it's not at all random and they are static.

Status
Not open for further replies.