• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Broadcastify Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarvalho

If you even figure out how to get rid of the poke / thumping ... let me know.
I run a G4 through the amplified base for my feed. People are not complaining but would indeed sound better without all the popping between transmissions.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I think the two feeds i have listened to from this thread sound great.
On a phone with good speakers the thump is not really noticeable.
On a computer with higher quality speakers its there but again the audio sounds so good ill take that thump anyday.

WaveJam

Feed Provider
I think the two feeds i have listened to from this thread sound great.
On a phone with good speakers the thump is not really noticeable.
On a computer with higher quality speakers its there but again the audio sounds so good ill take that thump anyday.

Agreed. I’m over the thump now. The audio (vs my old radios battling simulcast problems) is night and day better. Love it! So much so that I just purchased another Unication (the G4) with another base for a different feed. And yet another G4 just to have as my desktop/carry around radio. An incredible radio and happy with the programming software too. Many thanks to eBay for getting my old radios sold and OUT of my house. Was not sad to see them go after the years of simulcast battles. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I sold a bunch of XTS2500 and 5000 units before christmas to make room for G4 units and now about to sell some XTL2500 units ...

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Bluetooth Model and Brand

I was checking to see what brand and model you are using for your G5 to connect your feed audio ?
I am trying to find a reliable one. I was trying out the DoCooler on my Phoenix PD feed, but was getting disconnects on the Bluetooth, so I removed it.

KM4WLV

One idea (if possible) when using a G4/5 to supply the traffic is to use an amplified chargers audio out plugged into your PC's mic input. Of course if the amplified charger isn't an option then you'd have to continue to use Bluetooth.

I was picked as one of the Testimonial Tuesday winners on Unication's Facebook page and got the amplified charger for my G5. They sound great and I have no doubt it would be great to use in this instance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

truckie36

Feed Provider
I have the Amp Charger, but I am trying different setups to avoid the Rice Krispies effect (Snap, Crackle and Pop) at the end of each transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.