• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Od behavior when powered off overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I have yet to try this over a few hours during the day, but I've had two overnight instances, so far where the power led is on in red, the receive/unread is on in solid orange, and the GSM/3G/Bluetooth led is also solid orange.

I'm thinking alien abduction overnight...

Anyone else see this happen?

The battery is fully charged and not being charged externally by the USB. The power switch is turned off.

602950a47e2a0657bdd8e44637b8350c.jpg

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe I saw something similar when I ran the battery down.

3 LEDs were lot but I don't recall the colours. I stuck it on the charger but it refused to charge.

Ended up doing a battery pull.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I had it happen again today when I pulled it from the coat pocket after hours of the G5 being turned off. I powered it on and it worked just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diskmonger

I had this happen to mine, but pulling the battery did not fix the issue, I ended up having to RMA the unit and get a replacement. It happened with the second unit as well and I finally discovered the drop in charger was doing something "bad" to the battery. Got ahold of a replacement battery and everything was good again. I have not used the drop in charger again because of this, even after getting the drop in charger replaced.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting. No charging station here so that's not the issue for me. I have not reseated the battery because if I power cycle the LED's reset. The G5 appears to be working fine with exception to this problem.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting. No charging station here so that's not the issue for me. I have not reseated the battery because if I power cycle the LED's reset. The G5 appears to be working fine with exception to this problem.

Yesterday I had full battery use on the G5 so I charged the G5 overnight using the USB charger. The red LED was on during charging and green with full charge this morning. No other LED's were lit.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I can't say I've seen my G5 do that and sometimes I have it off for a day or three between uses. I charge it in both the desktop amplified charger and sometimes by USB.
I did have a weird issue (posted in another thread) when I upgraded to the current firmware. It didn't appear to charge in the desktop charger (USB was okay) until I pulled the battery out and put it back.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yesterday I had full battery use on the G5 so I charged the G5 overnight using the USB charger. The red LED was on during charging and green with full charge this morning. No other LED's were lit.

This morning the LED's were lit the same as before, red, amber, amber, with the only difference being that the G5 was not on the USB charger.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I believe we've already established that it should be a menu option.
Moving on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfd119

I also have this issue with mine. Brand new and seems to only happen when the battery is fully charged.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
I believe this may be a different issue than the one that happens when the unit is run completely dead. If you have experienced the issue when the battery is charged and the unit is off please PM me your SN.

sfd119

I got a Thank you, but I'm sure they're working on the issue...especially with the responses in this thread, it looks like several of us have the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.