General Motors Con+ SYS:395 switching to Tier 3?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have this functionality- sort of- for the TRSs already built into the wiki. Not every TRS listing article has it, but it's very easy to add a Deprecated section where those Deprecated TRSs are linked. We even have a template text that tells the user that the particular TRS has been deprecated.

Speaking of TRS listings, I have just spent a couple of hours cleaning up - as best I can- the General Motors (USA) article and linking it to each state. I have just finished adding 2 entries for every state's listing - one for MOTOTRBO and one for DMR Tier 3.

As each state's site(s) complete the migration please let me know in the wiki forum and I will drop the MOTOTRBO listing for that particular state. This way the 'migration' from the wiki perspective is relatively painless.

Mike

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if Bedford plant is going to that
My guess is they probably will be, likely just a matter of time for GM to get it done.

Connect Plus is no longer being produced by Motorola, and Motorola is actively selling Capacity Max as the replacement for Connect Plus. While there will still be a lot of Connect Plus systems out there, the numbers will not be increasing.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
No change at the Oshawa plant in Ontario, currently. Still seeing Con+

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
My guess is they probably will be, likely just a matter of time for GM to get it done.

Connect Plus is no longer being produced by Motorola, and Motorola is actively selling Capacity Max as the replacement for Connect Plus. While there will still be a lot of Connect Plus systems out there, the numbers will not be increasing.

They also cannot get new subscrbers optioned for Connect +. Moto seems to be very actively working to make folks upgrade to Cap Max.

Several systems have resorted to purchasing used radios off eBay and other sources for their Connect + systems.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Oshawa (Ontario, Canada) Assembly popping up on DSDPlus as TIIInonStd, Site S73-1, DCC 0, RAS.

wirr

Database Admin
Just an FYI - a submitter indicated that the Bowling Green Assembly Plant in Warren KY changed from CON+ to TIII. But the submitter provided no further details . As such, if you are reading this thread, are around Warren KY area and have the ability to check into it, please do so.

Thanks
S26-1 was seen on 452.3875 (color 0) near Bowling Green KY recently.