Genesee Counties Harris P25 Phase II System Is Now Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
***Attention***

Whoever updated the database with the new frequencies for Genesee County, those are not what I submitted and they are wrong. Anyone who programs those into a new 436 and 536 to you will not receive anything. Use the frequencies listed above in my 1st post with the exception of 852.9875. Do not put that in.

Admins please fix.

You would get faster action if you submitted a request.

Admins do not read every thread and your request could go unnoticed.

If you did submit a request, good work.

samcmu7

Genesee county ny update frequencies

You would get faster action if you submitted a request.

Admins do not read every thread and your request could go unnoticed.

If you did submit a request, good work.

When would you anticipate that the new update will be activated on sentinel`s database update?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If an Admin has made the change, then it would be Monday but that's really up to Uniden.

wights

Premium Subscriber
Are you able to pick up the radio transmissions for genesee county now? I have not been able to do so at this time even after updating the data base with sentinel this morning
i still hear nothing. it appears all the freq are there. what did you end up doing for the fix?

Rick497

Has anyone tried to scan this new system with unitrunker and a sdr rtl dongle? Is the control channel listed the one being used currently? I'm having a hard time setting up unitrunker.
Thanks
Rick

n2wlt

Feed Provider
Its working fine for me. Using Sentinal I put in the data from here Genesee, Monroe and Ontario Counties Public Safety Trunking System, Regional, New York - Scanner Frequencies Then removed all the Ontario and Monroe data made sure it was p25 tdma

Can you post how you did it? I have a new BCD536HP and for the life of me cannot figure out what I need to put in for the information. I tried creating a favorite with just the frequencies and it says "nothing to scan" on the radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cfrostchief

Genesse County etc.

Good Morning everyone. I have a Uniden BCD996T. I live a stones throw from Genesse County and I receive nothing. I suspect that I don't have it set up right. I also have an outside antenna.
Please help with programming.

Thanks Frosty

n2wlt

Feed Provider
Has anyone gotten any information on this system yet. It seems like this is some covert operation. I know someone must have this because I have heard of paying to get a scanner programmed. That is total BS. Tax dollars paid for this system, so why can't we get the info?

madmax14304

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone successfully monitored this system yet? Trying to get it working with 2 RTL dongles, DSD and unitrunker. No luck on the control channel yet.

RF-Burns

I monitor it daily with the 436HP.

When the administration put the frequencies in the database they added the wrong freqs maybe you still have the old ones?

Has anyone successfully monitored this system yet? Trying to get it working with 2 RTL dongles, DSD and unitrunker. No luck on the control channel yet.

RF-Burns

Sheriff Gary Maha is in charge of the system and as of right he now out right refuses to give out any system and or talk group info. So it's a learning curve to program the Id's. If you are talking about a local business charging to program your scanner that you did not buy from, then that business has every right to charge you to program your scanner. Sometimes buying online is a poor choice when you may need help down the road from a local expert and radio shop. That local business needs to survive also and if you didn't buy from them then why should that business give the information and his or hers expertise to you for free?

Motoman55

Has anyone gotten any information on this system yet. It seems like this is some covert operation. I know someone must have this because I have heard of paying to get a scanner programmed. That is total BS. Tax dollars paid for this system, so why can't we get the info?

n2wlt

Feed Provider
Sheriff Gary Maha is in charge of the system and as of right he now out right refuses to give out any system and or talk group info. So it's a learning curve to program the Id's. If you are talking about a local business charging to program your scanner that you did not buy from, then that business has every right to charge you to program your scanner. Sometimes buying online is a poor choice when you may need help down the road from a local expert and radio shop. That local business needs to survive also and if you didn't buy from them then why should that business give the information and his or hers expertise to you for free?

Motoman55

I understand what you are saying, but the fact of the matter is somehow they were able to get the information. I am not against someone making money, but don't throw someone a bone and let everyone else starve. I have been a volunteer in this county for almost 30 years. I don't think I should have to pay for something that was paid for by taxpayer money.

RF-Burns

N2WLT,

Ok, I am kind of getting sick of hearing, “Somehow they were able to get the information”

I got the information for everyone who is using the 436 / 536 right now. It was pretty easy. I went to the FCC's website and looked up Genesee County then searched for all new licenses. Bingo I found the frequencies then I posted them on here.

So I am not quite sure what you are referring to by saying, “Somehow they were able to get the info.” I got it quick and easy and so can you.

Now, as for the Id's, No one knows what they are. That idiot Sheriff won’t hand them out. All we are doing to listening and copying the ID’s from the screen of the scanner. So if I sit in front of my scanner for months to get every possible Talk Group ID you saying we should just hand that over?

I guess I could but I don’t feel my hard work is worth just handing over. Maybe someday but not now.

Motoman55

Volunteer in Genesee County for 16yrs.

D

DaveNF2G

Well, that is how the RR database works. We get the info with our scanners and then submit it to the DB admins. If you don't want to contribute your info, then I hope you are at least a premium member. TANSTAAFL.

RF-Burns

Dave NF2G,

Just because I have information doesn't mean I have to give it out. This is a volunteer forum and it does not require me to submit any information. I have given more than my fair share of database updates even going as far as reading departments radios to get the private channels that for some reason no department wants out in the public. After your protest to this website and the snobby remarks you made to Lindsey a few years ago when you were still running your own personal website I can't believe you have the gall to post a reply like this.

Well, that is how the RR database works. We get the info with our scanners and then submit it to the DB admins. If you don't want to contribute your info, then I hope you are at least a premium member. TANSTAAFL.

n2wlt

Feed Provider
N2WLT,

Ok, I am kind of getting sick of hearing, “Somehow they were able to get the information”

I got the information for everyone who is using the 436 / 536 right now. It was pretty easy. I went to the FCC's website and looked up Genesee County then searched for all new licenses. Bingo I found the frequencies then I posted them on here.

So I am not quite sure what you are referring to by saying, “Somehow they were able to get the info.” I got it quick and easy and so can you.

Now, as for the Id's, No one knows what they are. That idiot Sheriff won’t hand them out. All we are doing to listening and copying the ID’s from the screen of the scanner. So if I sit in front of my scanner for months to get every possible Talk Group ID you saying we should just hand that over?

I guess I could but I don’t feel my hard work is worth just handing over. Maybe someday but not now.

Motoman55

Volunteer in Genesee County for 16yrs.

Sorry, din't mean to offend you. Not sure where you are getting your sick of hearing "Somehow they were able to get the information". I think on this thread I was the only one to say that. As for the frequencies, Im' not an idiot. Far from it. I had the frequencies. I was talking about the TGID's. Yes I can sit and listen to the scanner and save them or just use software to log them as they show up. I was talking about having all the information on the ID's, like for center battalion, West and East battalion and so on. for setting priorities. As for no one has those, you better do your homework. I know of people that have it, but will wait until it's posted instead of paying for it. I thought that was the purpose of these threads. To seek the information we are looking for. Not to have my balls broken. So relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.