GFD Fire LOC Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Would any one happen to know the Greensboro Fire LOC frequncy? its what they use when trunk reception is not good(non repeated). I have tried and tried to find it and am having no luck. They were near my street tonight and they switched to LOC channel and i had no luck in picking it up.

Last edited:

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
When I was in the Greensboro area about two weeks ago.

Greensboro and Guilford Co. were dispatching on both 46.500 Mhz and 453.750 Mhz.

I had my UHF pager on 453.750 and my MT-1000 of 46.500. But the UHF pager received far better than

the low band portable did.

Both are operating in the carrier squelch mode.

Hope this helps

David

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I had one frequency 851.1375- "Fire Local" i received from someone and i thought this would have been the one but i have heard nothing nor do i see it licensed to Guilford or Greensboro.

Would this type of frequency be an 800mhz frequncy?

randyK

I've been wondering about this one myself. I think all GCF radios also have this channel. I wonder if it would be a frequency under the Greensboro license of WPGH956? That's how I found Cityphone. I think it would have to be an 800 mhz freq because the radios only receive from 851 to 869. Randy

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I've been wondering about this one myself. I think all GCF radios also have this channel. I wonder if it would be a frequency under the Greensboro license of WPGH956? That's how I found Cityphone. I think it would have to be an 800 mhz freq because the radios only receive from 851 to 869. Randy

Im sure County has it but they usually switch to NMAS when they have trouble. That frequency i posted was one in a list that i got from a friend at comm. Im going to look through that license to see what i might be able to find.

I guess the only way to find out is to put them all in and just wait:). Thanks for this im going to put them in and see what i can find.

Last edited:

randyK

The bad thing is, with it being simplex, you would probably have to be within a few blocks to receive it. I did hear Colfax FD (on tac 10) switch to it tonight. Randy

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
The bad thing is, with it being simplex, you would probably have to be within a few blocks to receive it. I did hear Colfax FD (on tac 10) switch to it tonight. Randy

Which freq. did they switch to?

Last night would have been a perfect night as they were right near my street when they switched.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Something to think about is that it could be one
of the 8CALL/8TAC Mutual Aid Freqs....or depending
on the model of radio it could be a 700Mhz frequency.
Wake County has several 700Mhz Frequencies for Mutual
Aid usage or for usage in vehicle repeaters where VIPER
coverage may be an issue.
I would start with some of these freqs and see where you end up:
Common Public Safety - The RadioReference Wiki
Good luck and let us know what you find out!
Happy Sleuthing (and Monitoring!)
Marshall KE4ZNR

randyK

Which freq. did they switch to?

Last night would have been a perfect night as they were right near my street when they switched.

I'm sorry kendrik, they switched to Fire LOC. Marshall, they have some of the new XTS5000s ,but I think the majority are still XTS3000s & the county fire radios are mostly MTS2000s, so I don't think it would be a 700 mhz freq. Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.