Glendale PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEReAZ

Premium Subscriber
sorry if this been asked, what simulcast or site tower glendale pd use ? thanks for your help and time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KB7MIB

They can be heard on both Simulcast G and Simulcast B.

Multi-path interference issues notwithstanding, of course.

John
Peoria

HEReAZ

Premium Subscriber
thanks john, i able to hear them in scottsdale with simulcast B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I hear the south dispatch on B, but I've been listening for a few weeks for north dispatch and I'm not hearing it on B (I hear the same talk group number on G constantly). Can anyone verify that they are hearing north dispatch on simulcast B?

KB7MIB

In my PSR-500, I have a virtual scanner set up with one simulcast site or IR site per scan list (Simulcast A in scan list 1, Simulcast B in scan list 2, etc), and each scan list has a group wildcard and a private call wildcard. I add each TG as they come up active.

I have Glendale PD TG's for channel 1 (4740), 7 (4734), 8 (4733), 15 (4726) and 16 (4725) showing in Simulcast B.
I also have encrypted TG's 4724 and 4723, which may or may not be Glendale PD. (GPD's A-deck has TG's 4740-4725. Does GPD have a B-deck in their radios, with TG's 4724-4708?)

I do not have channel 4 (TG 4737) showing.

John
Peoria

Phoenix805

I know Glendale sometimes uses 2 talk groups (N & S) for dispatching, and sometimes they dispatch everything on one TG. Perhaps every time you listen they're just using S. My history says 677 hits on S and 532 hits on N since the last time it was reset, so I know I'm hearing both talk groups.

Just to confirm, you are using 4740 for South and 4737 for North, right?

KB7MIB

Just to clarify my post, this is for Simulcast B. I have not caught TG 4737 on Simulcast B. Only TG 4740, as well as the TG's for channels 7, 8, 15, and 16.

John
Peoria

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Yes, using 4737 as north, and it comes up on G all the time, but never on B. South however does come up on B.

Phoenix805

Yes, using 4737 as north, and it comes up on G all the time, but never on B. South however does come up on B.

I just double checked my log: 1300 hits on Glendale South (on B), and 8 hits on Glendale North (on B). I never noticed the discrepancy, but it looks like you're right, no (or VERY little) usage on B. Strange.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I just double checked my log: 1300 hits on Glendale South (on B), and 8 hits on Glendale North (on B). I never noticed the discrepancy, but it looks like you're right, no (or VERY little) usage on B. Strange.

Thanks, that's about what I've observed as well. I could have sworn I've seen it come up once or twice, but generally north isn't heard on B. Looks like it's time to get my outdoor antenna up at the new house. I live in Glendale and can't even listen to the correct talk group for GPD with my 436, I'll be needing a rooftop antenna and my 536 to hear it...gotta love simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.