Glendale & Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Can someone tell me which system to program into my 996T so I can monitor Glendale & Peoria next week while I'm there?

And does anyone have the freqs or talkgroups for Peoria Fire? I can't find them anywhere (and the RWC page is a MESS).

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Mike

Phoenix805

Phoenix does the dispatching for just about everyone in the area including Glendale & Peoria (Mesa is the one major exception).

If you're going to be in the Glendale/Peoria area I would suggest using RWC Simulcast G. That system uses 6 (I think) sites in the Glendale/Peoria/West valley

They use the RWC digital trunked system for EMS and non-fire/hazard responses, and still use the old analog freqs for fire/hazard responses.

Make sure you have the FD K1- K15 talk groups programmed in. I would recommend programming the old analog freqs (A1 - A15) (A1 is dispatch and A6 is primarily Glendale/Peoria/NW Valley fire response.

With the Valley fire agreements city limits are virtually ignored and the closest units are sent regardless of jurisdictions. The exception to that is the ambulances. Most Cities have contracts for that. Phoenix Fire provides their own ambulances in the City limits, Glendale uses Southwest Ambulance, and Peoria uses PMT ambulances.

I'm sure others will be adding more info to this thread! Have fun while you're here and enjoy the weather.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Correct, Simulcast G for Glendale and Peoria. Peoria can also be heard on the White Tanks Intellirepeater (and better than on Simulcast G, by the way, as you don't have to deal with simulcast multi-path interference issues).
4141 (A-1) is Peoria PD's main dispatch TG. They don't use B-1 or C-1 yet.
4740 (South 1) and 4737 (North 4) are Glendale PD's main dispatch TG's. Orangewood Ave, half way between Glendale and Northern Aves, seperates south and north.
Car-to-Car and Hot Call/Tactical TG's are encrypted for both agencies.
As for FD, you can use A-1, 154.190 and K-1, TG 1795 for dispatch. Fire & Hazmat calls are handled on A-6 154.310 (roughly north of Northern Ave and west of I-17) and A-9, 155.670 (roughly south of Northern Ave and west of I-17).
General EMS calls are handled on K-6, TG 1615, and K-9, TG 1612. The boundries for K-6 and K-9 are similar to A-6 and A-9. Mountain rescues and multi-patient motor vehicle accidents are typically handled on K-10 TG 1611 and K-11 TG 1610. (There is no geographic assignment, it's first come, first assigned, as far as I can tell.) It wouldn't hurt to include TG's K-12 through K-15 as well.
A-4, 154.280 is used for helicopter landing zones if they need to fly patients out of a scene.
Use the White Tanks Intellirepeater for the FD K-deck TG's. Again, you won't have the multipath issues with Simulcast G.
PMT Ambulance in Peoria is dispatched on A-1 and K-1 by the Phoenix Regional Fire Alarm Center. Southwest Ambulance in Glendale (and the rest of the West Valley) dispatch their own on 460.550.
Glendale FD apparatus are 150-159. Peoria FD apparatus are 191-199. Sun City FD is 131-133 & 1340. El Mirage FD is 121-122. Surprise FD is 301-308. Luke AFB FD is 361-363, they dispatch themselves and sometimes run mutual-aid in areas surrounding the base which is in Glendale city limits. Phoenix FD is 1-99 and the 900 series. (There are several more FD's under the Phoenix umbrella.)
PMT and Southwest ambulance use the same numbering system as the cities they serve.
I forgot, fire/hazmat calls in far north Peoria, basically north of the CAP (Central Arizona Project) canal, should be on A-10, 151.370.

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks a ton, gentlemen. I appreciate the quick response and detailed information!

I hope to see A LOT of sun and warmth next weekend!!!

Mike

Phoenix805

Do you mean White Tanks Regional Park???

Mike

Yep. There are 2 large antenna farms on top of the White Tank Mountains (White Tanks Regional Park) in the far west valley. The sites offer excellent coverage for the west valley and the major Phoenix area. Of course there are other sites that have better coverage for the far east and S/E areas.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Can you tell me if the two talkgroups for Glendale Fire are correct in the database under RWC???

And thanks again.

Mike

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Actually, Glendale FD's 1667 (K-2), 1666 (K-3), 1665 (K-4 encrypted) and 1664 (K-5 encrypted) are rarely used.
Peoria FD's 1643 (K-2), 1642 (K-3), 1641 (K-4 encrypted) and 1640 (K-5 encrypted) are also rarely used.
However, I do keep them enabled, with an alarm set, in my scanner in the event that they do get used for anything, such as special events or the like. Someone reported Sun City West FD using their K-2 while inspecting hydrants some time ago.
Every department under the Phoenix umbrella has their own K-2 through K-5 TG's. Phoenix uses it's own K-2 for "Central City" which is an alcohol recovery program van that gets dispatched to pick up clients and takes them to a detox center to dry out overnight. (Basically, a drunk tank to get non-violent homeless drunks off the street for the night.) I've also heard Phoenix K-2 used by units at special events to talk to alarm, such as during the recent Phoenix Open golf tournament. Otherwise, the L-deck special event TG's will be used for larger special events, or they'll use the G-deck Interoperability TG's, such as they did during the NASCAR races recently at PIR, when they have a multi-agency command post/dispatch center on site.
The Phoenix encrypted K-4 & K-5 TG's are used for sensitive operations, such as EMS/Fire standby's when the POTUS or other VIP is in town. The H-deck encrypted Interoperability TG's may also be used for similar purposes.

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
OK, so don't bother putting in the Glendale talkgroups. Got it.

Now, so simulcast G for the police talkgroups and White Tanks for the fire talkgroups? Correct?

Also, I must apologize to everyone here, and to the database Admin FLANO - I meant no disrespect by stating the RWC trunked section was a mess.

Mike

Phoenix805

Depending on what you want to listen to, I'd put all the fire K talkgroups on the White Tanks site. If you want to narrow it down to Glendale/Peoria/NW Valley make sure you have K1 (dispatch), K6 (Glendale, Peoria, NW Phoenix, NW Valley), K9 (South Glendale/West Valley), and K11 (mostly mountain rescues).

Again, the K groups are used mostly for EMS incidents. Fire responses are still handled on the old simplex VHF freqs. I believe (and MIB will correct me if I'm wrong) the RR data base shows TGs for patching the VHF channels into the trunked system, but I've never heard anything on these groups and I suspect they're reserved for future use.

For fires and hazmat calls I'd program in the VHF freqs for the Glendale/Peoria area - A6 (154.310) and A9 (155.670). Since they use simplex (no repeaters) you probably won't get much on the others as most comms are done with HTs and unless you have a really good/high up antenna you won't get much.

Glendale PD South (TG 4740) and North (TG 4737) can be picked up on Simulcast G, but as MIB mentioned listening might be difficult with the multi-path interference. I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me too much, but if you're not used to it, it can drive you crazy. Glendale PD has several other TGs (TACs, car to car, info, etc.) but they're all encrypted.

Peoria PD's dispatch TG is 4141 and is also on Simulcast G. I don't know much about it as I'm not interested in listening to them. I don't think (MIB can correct me again if I'm wrong) that Glendale and Peoria PDs are on the White Tanks IR.

You might be interested in looking at this web site: https://htms.phoenix.gov/publicweb/Default.aspx
It might give you a feel for what/how the valley-wide dispatch system works. They don't show all the calls (ie no heart attack, ill person, etc) just 'public' calls - accidents (962's) fires, hazmat calls, mountain rescues, etc.

Hope this helps clarify at least a little bit and doesn't confuse any more!

KB7MIB

Peoria PD's A-1 (TG 4141) is on both Simulcast G and the White Tanks IR.
Glendale PD's A-1 (TG 4740 South) and A-4 (TG 4738 North) are on Simulcast G (and Simulcast B in Phoenix).
Glendale PD also has A-13 (TG 4728 Jobing.com arena) and A-14 (TG 4727 Westgate Entertainment District/University of Phoenix Stadium) in the clear. A-14 in particular may be active, if you're here Friday/Saturday evening.
The fire K-deck talkgroups are on both Simulcast G and the White Tanks IR.

I would include the 5 PD talkgroups above, as well as:
Fire VHF: 154.190 (A-1), 154.310 (A-6), 155.670 (A-9).
Fire RWC: K-1 (1795), K-6 (1610), K-9 (1612), K-10 (1611), K-11 (1610).

You said you'd be in the Glendale/Peoria area. Not knowing exactly where you'll be, or where your trip may take you, if you're interested, use these Phoenix PD talkgroups on Simulcast A and/or Simulcast G:
2811 A-2 Black Mtn Precinct
2808 B-2 Black Mtn Precinct
The Black Mtn Precinct sits east of the city of Glendale, and north of the Cactus Park Precinct (roughly north of Bell Rd).
2991 A-9 Cactus Park Precinct
2975 B-9 Cactus Park Precinct
The Cactus Park Precinct is immediately east of the city of Glendale.
2992 A-8 Maryvale Precinct
2976 B-8 Maryvale Precinct
The Maryvale Precinct is immediately south of the city of Glendale.

The Arizona DPS (Highway Patrol) on the Loop 101 Agua Fria Freeway which runs northerly from I-10 in Phoenix, up through Glendale and Peoria, then turns east through Glendale and Phoenix again to I-17, can be heard on Metro West, 460.300. Metro West also covers I-10 west of the 101 interchange, I-17 north of the 101 interchange, as well as portions of US 60/Grand Ave, which runs diagonally southeast/northwest through the Northwest Valley; AZ 74 Carefree Highway from US 60/Grand Ave in the west to I-17 in the east, running through both far north Peoria and Phoenix; the Loop 303, which while under construction in several stretches, is driveable, and will also eventually connect I-10 with I-17, farther west and north than the 101 (but does run through northern Peoria, south of Carefree Highway). City PD's and the Sheriff's Office also patrol various stretches of the 303.

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Phoenix805 & KB7MIB - you guys are awesome and I appreciate all of your time to explain all of this to a tourist so I can listen for just a few days!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.