• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GMRS repeater access for non-members

Coffeemug

Premium Subscriber
If a given GMRS repeater is listed on MyGMRS.com, there is usually a means of requesting access.
According to the MyGMRS.com website, the LEARN SYSTEM isn't listed in the directory. There is LEARN South in Delaware County or Chester County, but I am sure that's not a part of the LEARN System that I listen to. I do know that there's several 462.575 Repeaters in the Philadelphia / South Jersey / Delaware Valley area, with unknown locations. I know the two that are listed, one in Roxborough and one in NE Philly. Of course, the Roxborough shows the PL 173.8 6A. The NE Philly Repeater doesn't show the PL. I don't know who or where that 575 with 67.0 XZ, but I was able for short time to talk a station in Long Island New York on an HT from Bucks Co. Pennsylvania. If I had known who Repeater Trustee is, I would have made some arrangements pay for the of the repeater. I just hope that one wasn't apart LEARN.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
According to the MyGMRS.com website, the LEARN SYSTEM isn't listed in the directory. There is LEARN South in Delaware County or Chester County, but I am sure that's not a part of the LEARN System that I listen to. I do know that there's several 462.575 Repeaters in the Philadelphia / South Jersey / Delaware Valley area, with unknown locations. I know the two that are listed, one in Roxborough and one in NE Philly. Of course, the Roxborough shows the PL 173.8 6A. The NE Philly Repeater doesn't show the PL. I don't know who or where that 575 with 67.0 XZ, but I was able for short time to talk a station in Long Island New York on an HT from Bucks Co. Pennsylvania. If I had known who Repeater Trustee is, I would have made some arrangements pay for the of the repeater. I just hope that one wasn't apart LEARN.
What is your hot nut for this system ?

You are absolutely obsessed with it.

Coffeemug

Premium Subscriber
What is your hot nut for this system ?

You are absolutely obsessed with it.
I don't know why that I'm obsessed, but I assume that you could say that same thing about me on a certain relative of mine. Only that relative has recently passed away, which is stupid of me still be obsessed. Now that I think about it, I guess I kind of still irritated with Mr. Ed breaking into a QSO / Conversation that I was having with Anthony WQFF822 on what I assumed was Anthony's Repeater. Of course, I was foolish to assume that I get into Anthony's Repeater from Montgomery County when Anthony's Repeater is in Delaware County
You're Right I have to let it go!

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you LEARN’d a valuable lesson that night about just jumping on a repeater and got your fingers smacked by the owner.

There is enough BS in and around Philly dealing with radio nonsense, don’t add to the problem.

prcguy

Sounds like you LEARN’d a valuable lesson that night about just jumping on a repeater and got your fingers smacked by the owner.

There is enough BS in and around Philly dealing with radio nonsense, don’t add to the problem.
Man, you east coast guys need to chill. Out here on da west coast we just jam um till day shut da H up.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Just put up a repeater on the same frequency and PL. Now you can use your own on the same channel. If you "happen" to key there repeater, you were just trying to key up yours.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
Just put up a repeater on the same frequency and PL. Now you can use your own on the same channel. If you "happen" to key there repeater, you were just trying to key up yours.
That's INTENTIONAL interference!!!! (BUT) you can out put on their tone so they know the air is in use just use a different input tone.

For those interested in linking? Its cheap and pretty easy now depending on how much power you want to out put? For
the BABY system you Need a raspberry Pi 3B+ recommended, case power supply fan & heat sinks $75 and a amazon.com $69 dollar usb radio to talk around your house+. For 5+ miles a mobile radio like a Motorola CDM 750? or similar with a cooling fan, Raspberry Pi 3B+ and a repeater builder RIM light interface board and a cable bought or built by you? RIM $65 cable built by them $40. If you want a big boy radio to reach out and touch someone? A decent repeater 50 watt $500-$2000 +/- and a PI and a Rim and cable and you can join a group like TGLN and Possibly the RWB networks or others so many to choose from now. BUT remember MYGMRS.com has (BOGAS) info listed on it not everything is correct by some posters nor is it the bible on GMRS you don't have to be listed on it for anything! People are buying the retivis RT-97S Kit about $400 a Pi $75+ a rim$65 and a interface cable $40 0r less easy to build your self 5 wire serial male to male custom cable. For a 5-7 watt system in the flat lands will get out about 15 miles if no obstructions?

RFI-EMI-GUY

The polite thing to do is write some lines of code so that should your end of the link detect a carrier with different tone than your own on the repeater input, that your repeater does not transmit for 30 seconds or so after that co channel mobile activity ceases.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
Never going to happen! Radios have busy channel lock out . Repeaters don't and never will.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Never going to happen! Radios have busy channel lock out . Repeaters don't and never will.
Some DMR repeaters have them and the hardware to make such is really easy. Mind you this is to monitor the uplink from mobile/portable not repeater to repeater.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Except in areas where hogs tie up all 8 pairs eternally dominated by gas bagging wanna-be hams, you'll be eternally waiting for a "channel free" condition.
Cobb County sounds like a terrible place to reside, a geographic confluence of criminals and GMRS gas bags. How are the ham freqs? Gas bags there I suppose?

prcguy

Except in areas where hogs tie up all 8 pairs eternally dominated by gas bagging wanna-be hams, you'll be eternally waiting for a "channel free" condition.
In TX and southern OK they shoot wild hogs for fun. And they don't even tie up any channels or have any radios. The hogs that is. Imagine what they might do to a GMRS hog.....

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Cobb County sounds like a terrible place to reside, a geographic confluence of criminals and GMRS gas bags. How are the ham freqs? Gas bags there I suppose?
We have 6.1 million people in metro Atlanta. Thousand of licensed hams. Repeaters are generally devoid of activity except for a couple. Even the Atlanta Radio Club with a high quality flagship machine with linking to 220MHz stays dead most of the time. But GMRS hams barking away, usually a small number, but thanks to greedy hogs all 8 pairs are motor mouthing with the same traffic. Too bad these elitists won't "come down" and use some of the dozens of quiet ham repeaters where there is room enough for everyone.

RFI-EMI-GUY

We have 6.1 million people in metro Atlanta. Thousand of licensed hams. Repeaters are generally devoid of activity except for a couple. Even the Atlanta Radio Club with a high quality flagship machine with linking to 220MHz stays dead most of the time. But GMRS hams barking away, usually a small number, but thanks to greedy hogs all 8 pairs are motor mouthing with the same traffic. Too bad these elitists won't "come down" and use some of the dozens of quiet ham repeaters where there is room enough for everyone.
I wonder why no one wants to get a ham license? Will the system allow members to used DTMF tone squelch so that you can mute out the rest of their nonsense and selectively call whoever you wish?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I wonder why no one wants to get a ham license?

I think that is an excellent question.

I wonder if it's because of the ham radio operators? Some did a great job of running people off.
I wonder if it's because it's nearly impossible to put up a repeater with the blessing of the repeater coordinators?

RFI-EMI-GUY

I think that is an excellent question.

I wonder if it's because of the ham radio operators? Some did a great job of running people off.
I wonder if it's because it's nearly impossible to put up a repeater with the blessing of the repeater coordinators?
As far as getting Ham license, I suspect many are run off.....