GPS unpluged--range

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

If I unplug my GPS, and take my HP 2 out of my car and put it in my house, will it keep the same "RANGE" that it had in the car If not ,can I reset the range.?

In other words if I take my HP 2 out of my car and put it in the house will it still have the same "range" that it had in the car. If not, can I increase the range while it is in the house with out GPS?

Thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Yes and yes, in the scanner menu. Consult your scanner manual.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As an aside the scanner "remembers" the location last reported to it by the GPS device. So if you have moved a pretty good distance, you may need to re-set your zip code so as to get a more accurate location.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not if the GPS was running during the moving. If it was, the scanner location will be more accurately specified by the GPS than by entering a postal code.

If you have a GPS, running it a few minutes at the new location is preferable to entering a postal code.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking that the GPS was disconnected and the scanner was moved. As you said, not an issue if this happened at home. However it might be if the scanner is moved a couple miles away from where it was disconnected. (In some cases, Department Ranges are pretty tight and a couple of miles could make a difference, at least theoretically.)

Status
Not open for further replies.